Buchardt s400 inspired bookshelves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little update from my project:

I semi finished the first cabinet to be able to get proper measurements for the crossover development.

The 2 degree angle was also neglected.
    I ended up having to use 16mm MDF as my local supplier didn't have any in stock and ordering it would have been substantially more expensive. The S400's original outer dimensions were kept, so i ended up with a slightly larger internal volume. The cabinet is fully treated with 3mm butyl aluminum sheets and 3mm self adhesive insulation foam(Dynaliner).

Attached is the measured frequency response with the test crossover. I'll get someone to check the impedance and phase response and if that's okay then i'll go ahead and order the XO components.

The woofer runs on a 4th order and the tweeter on a 3rd order with and L-pad to level it down to the woofer.
    I'll post final pictures once completed.

Comment

nelson, very cool.
      Do you have any freq. response data for SB17NBAC35-8 ? Or did you just use the one posted on their website

Any additional mass on the passive radiator?And how are they sounding

Comment

Originally posted by mmu7 View Post
        nelson, very cool.
        Do you have any freq. response data for SB17NBAC35-8 ? Or did you just use the one posted on their website

Any additional mass on the passive radiator?And how are they sounding
        I am using the 4 ohm version to better match the sensitivity of the DT300 in combination with the waveguide.
        But i did find frd files for them via a google search, unfortunately i didn't save the link.

Sorry i forgot to mention this, yes 50 grams added as this gave the best modeled and measured results.

From what i can tell from a single speaker, they sound quite nice.

Comment

Working...
        X