Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fpitas
    replied
    And from the frequency response shown here, the f3 is a bit above 50Hz. What do you think you're missing?

https://www.buchardtaudio.com/s400-d...d-description/

Leave a comment:

• dcibel
    replied
    Looks about right to me. I put SB17NRX2C35-4 in a 10L vented box tuned to 40Hz and got 54Hz f3, down to 51Hz when I increase to 11L. Can't tell you what you're missing until you show your cards.

Leave a comment:

• Reigningchamp
    started a topic Buchardt s400 inspired bookshelves

Buchardt s400 inspired bookshelves

So I recently stumbled across the Buchardt s400’s and wow are they gorgeous. Moreover the reviews say the they seem to be really impressive. Long story short I’m looking to build a pair of speakers of very close shape and size and I might even use the same woofers as those sb17 aluminum cones look fantastic. However, after some winisd modelling and comparing to the response graphs supplied by Buchardt, modelled sb17s in a cab of similar volume don’t dig as deep in the low end by a significant margin. What am I missing here? They’re using a passive radiator but from what i’ve read that should’nt have such a significant effect on the f3. Im fairly new to cabinet modelling and I’d greatly appreciate it if some of you guys could school me on what they could possibly be doing to reach an f3 of roughly 50 hz in an enclosure that seems to only be ~10l.
Working...
X