Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *NEW* DMA Drivers from Dayton Audio

Hey everyone!

Check out the new Dayton Audio DMA drivers and matching passive radiators here.

Interesting drivers. I like the nice baskets, the addition of copper to the neo motors, and the few I looked at had what looks like very good linear response.

The DMA105-4 has close to the same footprint as the Beston RT0002 tweeters - the tweeter is ~1mm thicker face plate. If the copper and the neo are doing their jobs, this could be an unusually high value matching midrange driver.

Any plans to come out with round faceplate versions? Or introducing the frame style to larger diameter drivers? I bet a 7" using the DSA cone/motor on these baskets would make for a pretty nice combo.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

my bwain hurtz !

Comment

Is there a giveaway coming up soon?

Comment

Nice! I really like the 2 incher... I can see me making a super small Bluetooth stereo with that and a few PRs in the future.
          Im guessing the basket/frame is plastic of some sort?
          TomZ
          *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
          *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
            ...Im guessing the basket/frame is plastic of some sort?
            TomZ
            You would be correct, sir.
            Your results may vary.

Comment

What does DMA stand for? And why are all the frames square, those look terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by mmu7 View Post
                What does DMA stand for? And why are all the frames square, those look terrible.
                They are square to make them easily stack-able for line arrays... or at least, that's my interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by mmu7 View Post
                  Dual Magnet Aluminum I am guessing.
                  Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

There was an advertisement for those drivers in Voicecoil Magazine a few months back. I am glad to see they are finally available.

Comment

Any chance we could see a cut-away view of the motor?
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
                      X