• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• staff@parts-express
    started a topic *NEW* DMA Drivers from Dayton Audio

*NEW* DMA Drivers from Dayton Audio

Hey everyone!

Check out the new Dayton Audio DMA drivers and matching passive radiators here.

• Wolf
    replied
    Any chance we could see a cut-away view of the motor?
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• olu78
    replied
    There was an advertisement for those drivers in Voicecoil Magazine a few months back. I am glad to see they are finally available.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Originally posted by mmu7 View Post
    What does DMA stand for? And why are all the frames square, those look terrible.
    Dual Magnet Aluminum I am guessing.

Leave a comment:

• 1100xxben
    replied
    Originally posted by mmu7 View Post
    What does DMA stand for? And why are all the frames square, those look terrible.
    They are square to make them easily stack-able for line arrays... or at least, that's my interpretation.

Leave a comment:

• mmu7
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mattp
    replied
    Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
    ...Im guessing the basket/frame is plastic of some sort?
    TomZ
    You would be correct, sir.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Nice! I really like the 2 incher... I can see me making a super small Bluetooth stereo with that and a few PRs in the future.
    Im guessing the basket/frame is plastic of some sort?
    TomZ

Leave a comment:

• kenrhodes
    replied
    Is there a giveaway coming up soon?

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    my bwain hurtz !

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Interesting drivers. I like the nice baskets, the addition of copper to the neo motors, and the few I looked at had what looks like very good linear response.

The DMA105-4 has close to the same footprint as the Beston RT0002 tweeters - the tweeter is ~1mm thicker face plate. If the copper and the neo are doing their jobs, this could be an unusually high value matching midrange driver.

Any plans to come out with round faceplate versions? Or introducing the frame style to larger diameter drivers? I bet a 7" using the DSA cone/motor on these baskets would make for a pretty nice combo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X