Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a little help from my friends (or a lotta)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little help from my friends (or a lotta)

New job--much more $$, soon to have much more space, and I believe DB Keele to be right about multichannel audio. So my current speakers are becoming the back channels. The Acoustic Elegance 15H woofers will remain. The drivers I have lusted after for many years are in their way: the mids will be the C-Quenze 18cm, and the tweeters the Aurum Cantus aerostriction 25120. I may sweeten by installing some ribbons pointing backwards, but not right away. So I come for that second or third opinion: What you see is the center baffle which will be constructed using constrained layer damping: 1/2 inch balsa faced with ply and then vacuum bagged carbon fiber. Two of these separated by the green magic stuff. The pic shows a cutoff in the lower left corner--if I keep this, I'll facet the face using more balsa. But if I remove it, I will use a foam cutter to make 2 inch radius rounds. Thats my attack on diffraction. This time I am going to get serious with measurements--what is the best audio suite software for doing this? And then after making those, I'm gonna need a loit of help designing the Xover for single amp use, and the best software I can get to implement I tri-amped digital filter system. I remember a guy who used to post here who had some marvelous software but have lost track of the website. Anyhow enuf for now.

End grain balsa?

Comment

Yes, faced w/ 1/4 inch ply. Balsa is 1/2 inch thick. I only need 18L box for a damping of 0.5 on the mid. A tiny box for the tweeter. Thinking a variovent on the mid enclosure.

Comment

I wonder if anyone could put his/her talent in 3-D cad to render the project. Tweeter is 7" diameter, tweeter is 6x3.5" panel is 14" H 7" wide on top and 9" wide on bottom. 2" radius rounds on sidea and top.

Comment

Originally posted by JRS View Post
          New job--much more $$, soon to have much more space, and I believe DB Keele to be right about multichannel audio. So my current speakers are becoming the back channels. The Acoustic Elegance 15H woofers will remain. The drivers I have lusted after for many years are in their way: the mids will be the C-Quenze 18cm, and the tweeters the Aurum Cantus aerostriction 25120. I may sweeten by installing some ribbons pointing backwards, but not right away. So I come for that second or third opinion: What you see is the center baffle which will be constructed using constrained layer damping: 1/2 inch balsa faced with ply and then vacuum bagged carbon fiber. Two of these separated by the green magic stuff. The pic shows a cutoff in the lower left corner--if I keep this, I'll facet the face using more balsa. But if I remove it, I will use a foam cutter to make 2 inch radius rounds. Thats my attack on diffraction. This time I am going to get serious with measurements--what is the best audio suite software for doing this? And then after making those, I'm gonna need a loit of help designing the Xover for single amp use, and the best software I can get to implement I tri-amped digital filter system. I remember a guy who used to post here who had some marvelous software but have lost track of the website. Anyhow enuf for now.
          The Ultra High Class drivers mocked up with cardboard, a paper plate and napkin is TOO GREAT! I LOVE IT!
          I might be able to mock something in 3D for you but I don't understand your description.
          Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Let me see if I can clarify. So what you see is an inset that is bullet proof stiff and light as a feather which pushes resonances (sqrt (k/m)) there is no energy to excite them.So that is a done deal except whether I wasn's sure to keep the left lower corner cut. Probably not, so now imagine wings that are quarter round with a 2 inch radius. There will be on the two sides and top and miter butt.. Hope that helps.
            John

Comment

Working...
            X