Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Dual-Woofer Measurements with Omnimic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't think a 4-ohm amp would complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_M View Post
      Regarding the power measurements, I'll probably be using 12W mills (I have most of the values I need laying around). When simulating power dissipation in Xsim, the series resistor in the filter mid hit 38ish watts of at 20v at about 2.4k. I'm of course not going to be feeding a 2.4k sine wave to this thing at 20v, so I'm not sure how to interpret that information. Is 1 12w mills OK in that application or should I double it up?
      I use about 1/3 the watts shown in XSim at the volume level for woofer xmax, so a 12 watt mills looks pretty good.

Originally posted by Adam_M View Post
      Also, how do you get the delays set correctly in Xsim? I tried the z offset from PCD directly as well as the hypotenuse of the triangle formed by the XYZ positions of the drivers as the offset, and neither summed as they do in PCD.
      Delay matching is the same as PCD. Create the circuit for T+M, load your FRD files. In the Frequency Response window, choose Get File and add the Measured T+M file to the window as an overlay. Assuming you measured on the the tweeter axis adjust the M delay (mod delay in the driver tuning window) to match the curve.

If you want to exactly match PCD export any curve from PCD with your drivers, create the circuit to match what you are exporting then do the delay matching. I like to remove the smoothing from the curves and adjust the vertical step size in the FR window.

John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Thanks. I assumed that the delay matching with raw driver measurement was portable from PCD to XSim, which was apparently a bad assumption. The parts I don't have and can't easily create from what's in the parts drawer are on the way. Now the fun really begins.

Comment

I've done the hypotenuse method and got close.
          John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Working...
          X