Thanks for Arizona DIY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for Arizona DIY

Thanks to Jason P. and others for pulling together the DIY event in Tucson yesterday. It was a great informal event - four rooms of music and many fine builds! And thanks to PE for the sponsorship. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Originally posted by maynardg View Post
    Thanks to Jason P. and others for pulling together the DIY event in Tucson yesterday. It was a great informal event - four rooms of music and many fine builds! And thanks to PE for the sponsorship. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi Maynard,

It's good to see you're out enjoying the DIY events. We of course miss you here in Iowa. :-)

I hope you and your family are having a great holiday!

Jim

Comment

I'm a noob, so there was lot's to see and learn. Everyone was so willing to share their knowledge and experience. Jason's wife Camille deserve equal credit. Preparing the great food and feeding that many people was at least as much work as loading and uloading heavy gear. Now, how to use the free stuff that was given away......
      Ann & Bonnie

Comment

Pics or it didn’t happen! ;)

Comment

i'm too lazy to drive to tucson. I need a phoenix diy event. :D

Comment

Many thanks to Jason, Camille, and all the others who made yesterday's DIY event possible. The venue was perfect and the food delicious. Music was good too!

Hope to see you all again soon.

Rick

Comment

Oh man, I missed it! Would have loved to see, share and generally spent time with people that build speakers. Most of my friends just get a confused look when I mention speaker design or building.
              Pics, Please.
              If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
              ~ Johnny Carson

Bungelow Ed's Photo Album http://techtalk.parts-express.com/album.php?u=8594

Comment

Originally posted by dynamo View Post
                Pics or it didn’t happen! ;)
                +1
                Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Holtz View Post
                  Hi Maynard, It's good to see you're out enjoying the DIY events. We of course miss you here in Iowa. :-) I hope you and your family are having a great holiday! Jim
                  Would like to attend IA again. We’ll see. I still have the interest, but not the ears, to build really good speakers. The enjoyable part is the voicing. If one can no longer discern many of the differences he once could, it takes the fun out. With basic skills, anyone can design to a flat, in phase, response. But capturing the emotion of the music requires a bit more I think. Out of reach for me these days. But, I really enjoy listening to everyone’s efforts to do so and getting introduced to new music! I brought along the TzuJans this time. I’ll bring along the Last Hurrahs next time. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

How the heck did I miss this? I would have loved to have gone and met up with some of you all. Where was this at? Would love to see pictures as well.

Comment

Originally posted by danmarx View Post
                      How the heck did I miss this? I would have loved to have gone and met up with some of you all. Where was this at? Would love to see pictures as well.
                      Was a bit short notice, was in Tucson. We talked about having the next one a bit more outside of the holidays, a year away in Jan.

I felt busy the entire time and selfishly took only one lone picture of 'my' room (one of many rooms in this vacant office building). Left to right, my old open baffles, Mark Audio Pensils topped with Trevor's ported tang band full range and Trevor's Piccolatas and Trevor's Swopes far right on the table.
                      Copy of Lou C's speaker pages: http://www.rob-elder.com/LouC/speakers.html

Comment

Very cool! Well count me in for next year then. I should have at least one new project I could bring for sure. Still bummed I missed out. But glad to see some local DIY'ers around.

Comment

It was a BLAST! We'll do it again next year. I already can hardly wait!

Comment

i was in tuscon over the holidays, and missed it... a bit of heads up would have been great!

Comment

Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
                              i was in tuscon over the holidays, and missed it... a bit of heads up would have been great!
                              I'm thinking we might need to start a FB page, so that everyone can get connected and stay informed. Lemme look into this.

Comment

Working...
                              X