Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

No compromise center channel.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filmslayer
    replied
    in some what of the same attempt at no compromise i built this beast to match both mains and surrounds .... Click image for larger version

Name:	rspcc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	1399293

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...-rs-p-wmtmw-cc

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Originally posted by dcibel View Post

Perfect! That looks like you didn't make compromises, now all you need is something for left and right channels ;)
    Good one. Those are diysg titans for behind screen use.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Originally posted by civit View Post
    Incidentally, if my current design doesn't work, I may try this driver:

https://www.parts-express.com/faital...-ohm--294-1101

Tiny little pro mid with an Fs of 110hz and 91db efficient. Very smooth response according to the data sheet.

Very unusual combination of tiny size, high efficiency, smooth response. All the other pro sound 3's are less efficient or have a rising / very lumpy response. Output of course is limited.
    I have used a lot of Faital Pro drivers, I really like most of them and would love to play with this driver.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Originally posted by djg View Post
    My favorite picture.
    That looks real nice, I would love to hear those!

Leave a comment:

• dcibel
    replied
    Originally posted by djg View Post
    My favorite picture.
    Perfect! That looks like you didn't make compromises, now all you need is something for left and right channels ;)

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    I have the drivers for this center, but it's just too many holes. For me.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    My favorite picture.

Leave a comment:

• dcibel
    replied
    Thanks for digging that up. Xmax, the concept seems ideal for a CC, but there is one disadvantage - you can't use the ground plane to double the length of the array.
    You could say, that its a compromise to build a CBT this way?

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied

Thanks for digging that up. Xmax, the concept seems ideal for a CC, but there is one disadvantage - you can't use the ground plane to double the length of the array.

I think an ideal version would have an array of little MTMs, vertically oriented, so you get reduced vertical dispersion but super wide horizontal.

Dayton produces a high impedance ND driver for these arrays by the way - 16 or 32 ohm I think? Pretty unique offering.
    dcibel dug it up and it's crazy!

Leave a comment:

• civit
    replied
    Incidentally, if my current design doesn't work, I may try this driver:

https://www.parts-express.com/faital...-ohm--294-1101

Tiny little pro mid with an Fs of 110hz and 91db efficient. Very smooth response according to the data sheet.

Very unusual combination of tiny size, high efficiency, smooth response. All the other pro sound 3's are less efficient or have a rising / very lumpy response. Output of course is limited.

Leave a comment:

• civit
    replied

I think an ideal version would have an array of little MTMs, vertically oriented, so you get reduced vertical dispersion but super wide horizontal.

Dayton produces a high impedance ND driver for these arrays by the way - 16 or 32 ohm I think? Pretty unique offering.

Leave a comment:

• dcibel
    replied
    http://www.mfk-projects.com/Home_The...r_speaker.html

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Ah yes https://www.parts-express.com/epique...-pair--301-982
    So would there be a down side (PUN intended) to laying this on it's side or designing something
    similar (maybe shorter) for Centre duties?

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    "epique arrays"?

Leave a comment:

• civit
    replied
    Originally posted by xmax View Post

I should have specified MTM arrangements that are designed to avoid comb filtering and such.
    Show us a sketch. I'm going to think about a simple arc array; I'm not quite smart enough to design one but it might work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X