No compromise center channel.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xmax View Post

I should have specified MTM arrangements that are designed to avoid comb filtering and such.
    Show us a sketch. I'm going to think about a simple arc array; I'm not quite smart enough to design one but it might work.

Comment

"epique arrays"?
      Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Ah yes https://www.parts-express.com/epique...-pair--301-982
        So would there be a down side (PUN intended) to laying this on it's side or designing something
        similar (maybe shorter) for Centre duties?
        Guess xmax's age.

Comment

http://www.mfk-projects.com/Home_The...r_speaker.html
          "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
          exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Thanks for digging that up. Xmax, the concept seems ideal for a CC, but there is one disadvantage - you can't use the ground plane to double the length of the array.

I think an ideal version would have an array of little MTMs, vertically oriented, so you get reduced vertical dispersion but super wide horizontal.

Dayton produces a high impedance ND driver for these arrays by the way - 16 or 32 ohm I think? Pretty unique offering.

Comment

Incidentally, if my current design doesn't work, I may try this driver:

https://www.parts-express.com/faital...-ohm--294-1101

Tiny little pro mid with an Fs of 110hz and 91db efficient. Very smooth response according to the data sheet.

Very unusual combination of tiny size, high efficiency, smooth response. All the other pro sound 3's are less efficient or have a rising / very lumpy response. Output of course is limited.

Comment

Originally posted by civit View Post

Thanks for digging that up. Xmax, the concept seems ideal for a CC, but there is one disadvantage - you can't use the ground plane to double the length of the array.

I think an ideal version would have an array of little MTMs, vertically oriented, so you get reduced vertical dispersion but super wide horizontal.

Dayton produces a high impedance ND driver for these arrays by the way - 16 or 32 ohm I think? Pretty unique offering.
                dcibel dug it up and it's crazy!
                Guess xmax's age.

Comment

You could say, that its a compromise to build a CBT this way?
                  "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with

Comment

My favorite picture.

Comment

I have the drivers for this center, but it's just too many holes. For me.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                        My favorite picture.
                        Perfect! That looks like you didn't make compromises, now all you need is something for left and right channels ;)

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                          My favorite picture.
                          That looks real nice, I would love to hear those!
                          Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Incidentally, if my current design doesn't work, I may try this driver:

https://www.parts-express.com/faital...-ohm--294-1101

Tiny little pro mid with an Fs of 110hz and 91db efficient. Very smooth response according to the data sheet.

Very unusual combination of tiny size, high efficiency, smooth response. All the other pro sound 3's are less efficient or have a rising / very lumpy response. Output of course is limited.
                            I have used a lot of Faital Pro drivers, I really like most of them and would love to play with this driver.
                            Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post

Perfect! That looks like you didn't make compromises, now all you need is something for left and right channels ;)
                              Good one. Those are diysg titans for behind screen use.

Comment

in some what of the same attempt at no compromise i built this beast to match both mains and surrounds .... Click image for larger version

Name:	rspcc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	1399293

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...-rs-p-wmtmw-cc
                                Paper Towers
                                RS180P/28F surrounds
                                Boombox

Comment

Working...
                                X