Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Driver selection help for floor standing towers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver selection help for floor standing towers

looking for some input on what woofers and tweeters to use in a set of sealed cabinets. I'd like for them to have a roll off of around 50/60hz, I have a transmission line that's tuned to 20hz that plays from 10-50hz so the towers don't need go so low. I'm wanting to go sealed so I don't have the nasties that comes along with ported mids and lows in different cabinets.

I'm thinking 8" woofers should be the choice to reach that low in a sealed cabinet, or are there any 6.5s that will reach that?

So far my idea is 4 8" woofers and 1 tweeter per cabinet also looking at Morel, Aurum, Dayton Epique, Wavecor, Peerless, etc.

Thanks.

​​​

Use the (free) WinISD program from linearteam.org and go nuts! Bottom end reach isn't determined by driver dia., but by Qts and Fs. Drivers w/a Qts near 0.40 and an Fs in the 25-30 range should get you where you want to be.

Comment

Working...
    X