Boombox re-paint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boombox re-paint

since i'm not building anything rite now and it is slow at work i figured it's time to take apart the boombox and re-paint it . Originally i had all kind of problems finishing this and the Dupli-color rattle can i used has never cured and everything still sticks to it . On top of that i started my own business this year , in the beginning it was really slow so in between appointments i helped a friend in construction do a house re-model and it took a beating ! Paint even got spilled on it . I'm almost embarrassed to show y'all this .... Click image for larger version

Name:	boonbox.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1399290

still sounds fantastic though ...
    Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

Murphies Law , bring it to the shop this morning and start teardown and I got covered up with 2 weeks of work ... not complaining
    Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

Comment

that thing is a beauty!!! little rough around the edges, but looks like a pair of Overnight Sensations with a subwoofer and a car stereo. details?

Comment

Originally posted by ceiol View Post
        that thing is a beauty!!! little rough around the edges, but looks like a pair of Overnight Sensations with a subwoofer and a car stereo. details?
        yep . 300w Clarion micro D inside .

i did get all the hardware off before i got busy .
        Paper Towers
        RS180P/28F surrounds
        Boombox

Comment

got a lil time today . was rough going , thick and hard under the clear . 36g then 80g , i'm now thinking of building new box outta 1/2in. ply and lightening the load of this beast ... Click image for larger version

Name:	boombox1.jpg
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	1400395
          Paper Towers
          RS180P/28F surrounds
          Boombox

Comment

the channels for the detachable speakers hardware are a PIA !
            Click image for larger version

Name:	boombox2.jpg
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	1400482
            Paper Towers
            RS180P/28F surrounds
            Boombox

Comment

one box down , two to go ...

Name:	boombox3.jpg
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1400574
              Paper Towers
              RS180P/28F surrounds
              Boombox

Comment

a little bondo on some seems and where hardware stuck . i'm thinking black ? what y'all think . all my hardware is chrome but the lil HivI's are gold/bronze ? Click image for larger version

Name:	boombox4.jpg
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1400677
                Paper Towers
                RS180P/28F surrounds
                Boombox

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post

yep . 300w Clarion micro D inside .

i did get all the hardware off before i got busy .
                  What are you using as a power source? I have a couple of the NXT micro-amps that are collecting dust so the wheels are turning...

Comment

Originally posted by davidroberts View Post

What are you using as a power source? I have a couple of the NXT micro-amps that are collecting dust so the wheels are turning...
                    original build in my sig ...http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...Boombox-build=
                    Paper Towers
                    RS180P/28F surrounds
                    Boombox

Comment

I've found that execution of box construction and overall finish quality makes the hivi's look good on anything..... I just wrapped up a set of OS MTM's for a guy at work and they are red baffle/blue carcass and look surprisingly nice.

keep rolling bruh, gonna look nice. Take your time on the under coats, sand/paint/sand/paint/sand/paint..... best tool is patience.
                      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Name:	20190211_110944.jpg
Size:	405.5 KB
ID:	1403233 I Almost ready for primer . The hardest thi g has been cleaning this recess. Should have built a jig for the router.
                        Paper Towers
                        RS180P/28F surrounds
                        Boombox

Comment

Working...
                        X