Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Boombox re-paint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boombox re-paint

since i'm not building anything rite now and it is slow at work i figured it's time to take apart the boombox and re-paint it . Originally i had all kind of problems finishing this and the Dupli-color rattle can i used has never cured and everything still sticks to it . On top of that i started my own business this year , in the beginning it was really slow so in between appointments i helped a friend in construction do a house re-model and it took a beating ! Paint even got spilled on it . I'm almost embarrassed to show y'all this .... Click image for larger version

Name:	boonbox.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1399290

still sounds fantastic though ...
    Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

Murphies Law , bring it to the shop this morning and start teardown and I got covered up with 2 weeks of work ... not complaining
    Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

Comment

that thing is a beauty!!! little rough around the edges, but looks like a pair of Overnight Sensations with a subwoofer and a car stereo. details?

Comment

Originally posted by ceiol View Post
        that thing is a beauty!!! little rough around the edges, but looks like a pair of Overnight Sensations with a subwoofer and a car stereo. details?
        yep . 300w Clarion micro D inside .

i did get all the hardware off before i got busy .
        Paper Towers
        RS180P/28F surrounds
        Boombox

Comment

got a lil time today . was rough going , thick and hard under the clear . 36g then 80g , i'm now thinking of building new box outta 1/2in. ply and lightening the load of this beast ... Click image for larger version

Name:	boombox1.jpg
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	1400395
          Paper Towers
          RS180P/28F surrounds
          Boombox

Comment

the channels for the detachable speakers hardware are a PIA !
            Click image for larger version

Name:	boombox2.jpg
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	1400482
            Paper Towers
            RS180P/28F surrounds
            Boombox

Comment

one box down , two to go ...

Name:	boombox3.jpg
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1400574
              Paper Towers
              RS180P/28F surrounds
              Boombox

Comment

a little bondo on some seems and where hardware stuck . i'm thinking black ? what y'all think . all my hardware is chrome but the lil HivI's are gold/bronze ? Click image for larger version

Name:	boombox4.jpg
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1400677
                Paper Towers
                RS180P/28F surrounds
                Boombox

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post

yep . 300w Clarion micro D inside .

i did get all the hardware off before i got busy .
                  What are you using as a power source? I have a couple of the NXT micro-amps that are collecting dust so the wheels are turning...

Comment

Originally posted by davidroberts View Post

What are you using as a power source? I have a couple of the NXT micro-amps that are collecting dust so the wheels are turning...
                    original build in my sig ...http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...Boombox-build=
                    Paper Towers
                    RS180P/28F surrounds
                    Boombox

Comment

I've found that execution of box construction and overall finish quality makes the hivi's look good on anything..... I just wrapped up a set of OS MTM's for a guy at work and they are red baffle/blue carcass and look surprisingly nice.

keep rolling bruh, gonna look nice. Take your time on the under coats, sand/paint/sand/paint/sand/paint..... best tool is patience.
                      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Name:	20190211_110944.jpg
Size:	405.5 KB
ID:	1403233 I Almost ready for primer . The hardest thi g has been cleaning this recess. Should have built a jig for the router.
                        Paper Towers
                        RS180P/28F surrounds
                        Boombox

Comment

Working...
                        X