Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

TB W6 Coax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xmax
    started a topic TB W6 Coax

TB W6 Coax

Nice build quality, interesting holes in spider.
    I'm not crazy about tweet look.
    Curves soon
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TB1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	445.1 KB
ID:	1399503Click image for larger version

Name:	TB3.jpeg
Size:	490.0 KB
ID:	1399504 . Click image for larger version

Name:	TB2.jpeg
Size:	965.1 KB
ID:	1399502

• xmax
    replied
    Originally posted by civit View Post

I haven't seen distortion measurements anywhere, but you can get the T/L and SPL on their website. I just got four of them from a PE member (for $190) and they appear to be really nice.

I got the carbon pulp ones; similar to the SS Classic woofers. Hope to do some measurements soon. Recommend looking at them.
    I love all the scan speak versions the 18W/8535 is one of the best sealed box woofers
    around, until these new SB ceramic drivers came out anyway!

Leave a comment:

• civit
    replied
    Originally posted by xmax View Post

No, are the measured anywhere? They look cool, and are cheapish.
    I haven't seen distortion measurements anywhere, but you can get the T/L and SPL on their website. I just got four of them from a PE member (for $190) and they appear to be really nice.

I got the carbon pulp ones; similar to the SS Classic woofers. Hope to do some measurements soon. Recommend looking at them.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Look to be a viable, if a bit pricey coax.

Xmax, way off topic but have you heard the Rival woofers sold by Rhythm Audio Design?
    No, are the measured anywhere? They look cool, and are cheapish.

Leave a comment:

• civit
    replied
    Look to be a viable, if a bit pricey coax.

Xmax, way off topic but have you heard the Rival woofers sold by Rhythm Audio Design?

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Originally posted by Billet View Post
    It looks way better without the grill. Is the tweeter concave? It looks that way in the photo above.

Have you played any actual music through it yet?
    Yes I really them.

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied
    It looks like there are 6 screw heads, and 6 little nubs that appear to be dummies.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    Lol the removable grille is a game changer. That thing looked like an incense holder at a taiwanese buddhist gift shop.

Removing it does draw attention to the 20 screw holes, good heavens.
    (Wood screws in MDF have a withdrawal holding force of about 600-800 pounds each)
    Funny you mention that. I did not even notice all those screws until that photo of the naked tweeter!

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied
    The tweeter looks like the w2-2243s.

Leave a comment:

• Billet
    replied
    It looks way better without the grill. Is the tweeter concave? It looks that way in the photo above.

Have you played any actual music through it yet?

Leave a comment:

• civit
    replied
    Lol the removable grille is a game changer. That thing looked like an incense holder at a taiwanese buddhist gift shop.

Removing it does draw attention to the 20 screw holes, good heavens.
    (Wood screws in MDF have a withdrawal holding force of about 600-800 pounds each)

Leave a comment:

• Mayhem13
    replied
    Tweeter response is smooth from the standard of the usual raggedy Coax graphs we're all accustomed to.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    9 and I agree.

Leave a comment:

• Waboo
    replied
    How many Basil's were required before the grill came off?

They're definitely unusual looking drivers. Might make good center channels.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Grill comes off!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	coax.jpeg
Size:	513.9 KB
ID:	1399838

Leave a comment:

Working...
X