Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTM with 7" SS lluminators and RAAL 70-20 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTM with 7" SS lluminators and RAAL 70-20 ?

doesn't someone offer this combination as a kit or plug & play ?
    donc

Not sure. I know the place in WI carries both brands but don’t see a kit like that.

wish I had that combo though!

Comment

Selah Audio?

Comment

Selah does have a TM and a 5.5" MTM version but not a 7" MTM version that i can find . i don't think the place in WI carries the 70-20 !?
        donc

Comment

70-20 is the OEM only model. Unless you are an OEM, or purchase a kit with the 70-20, you cannot purchase them singly.

Later,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
            70-20 is the OEM only model. Unless you are an OEM, or purchase a kit with the 70-20, you cannot purchase them singly.

Later,
            Wolf
            Ben, do you know the reason/purpose of why the 70-20 is OEM only. To me it does not make economic sense since DIY people would buy them up if available. They offer
            pretty much every other model to purchase individually. I am not in the market but just curious why. The Viawave seems like a good alternative for the $$

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post

Ben, do you know the reason/purpose of why the 70-20 is OEM only. To me it does not make economic sense since DIY people would buy them up if available. They offer
              pretty much every other model to purchase individually. I am not in the market but just curious why. The Viawave seems like a good alternative for the $$
              Because companies charging 50 K for a pair of speakers using that tweeter want to keep it in the exclusive club.
              craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

You have to sign a nondisclosure to obtain the 70-20 directly.
                And quantity requirements have to be met. I will be ordering a
                few pairs soon let me know if I can add 2 for you.
                Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Jeff Bagby has the Testarossa kit available from that place in Michigan which uses the 70-20 and Satori woofers

Comment

The 70-20XR won't cross low enough for a MTM with the 7" Illuminator.

Comment

Originally posted by rickcraig View Post
                      The 70-20XR won't cross low enough for a MTM with the 7" Illuminator.
                      Seems like with the proper care in the crossover to deal with the breakup, that there's no reason you couldn't use those together. Unless you're trying to hit concert levels, the 70-20 can do 2200 easy enough. Though I've not listened to the Illuminator for any extended period, maybe it really needs a crossover point below 2KHz.
                      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Working...
                      X