Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Some pics of my Solid Cherry & Walnut MTM build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics of my Solid Cherry & Walnut MTM build

Here are some pictures of my solid cherry and walnut MTM build.

You are not supposed to build a speaker out of solid wood because of crossgrain wood movement.

All the wood grain in this speaker goes the same way.

Drivers are a pair of custom Seas 6-1/2″ L18RNX/P based Prestige 4Ω Woofers and a Morel Morel MDT-40 1-1/8" Compact Dome Tweeter.

Crossover is at 1900Hz.

need more pics!

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
    "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
    SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
    My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Pics 2...

Comment

I've seen 2 different PDF spec sheets for that tweeter. Did that one come with yours, and if so, do you know what year they're from?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
          I've seen 2 different PDF spec sheets for that tweeter. Did that one come with yours, and if so, do you know what year they're from?
          They didn't come with spec sheets. I measured them.

Comment

Comment

I've seen a "double page" PDF (like the one in your pic) that shows the 2 Fs peaks around 10-1/2n(ohms) @ 8ooHz and 8-1/2n @ 2k.
              I've also seen a single-page sheet showing them near 8-1/2n @ 8oo & 6-1/2 @ 2k (so, about 2ohms less).
              The ones I've measured (not sure how old they are) w/DATS are even lower, with BOTH peaks around 6-1/2ohms. Is that how yours measured?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                I've seen a "double page" PDF (like the one in your pic) that shows the 2 Fs peaks around 10-1/2n(ohms) @ 8ooHz and 8-1/2n @ 2k.
                I've also seen a single-page sheet showing them near 8-1/2n @ 8oo & 6-1/2 @ 2k (so, about 2ohms less).
                The ones I've measured (not sure how old they are) w/DATS are even lower, with BOTH peaks around 6-1/2ohms. Is that how yours measured?
                Sorry, don't remember and I didn't save the graphs...

Comment

Here is an impedance sweep of the the crossover with drivers in the finished box if that helps...

Comment

Pics 4...

Comment

pics 5...

Comment

Comment

Beautiful wood and excellent laminating. Impressive collection of clamps, BTW. They look massive--do you have a forklift for moving the cabinets?
                          Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

Dave,

How do you like that SawStop? Would you recommend it?

Comment

monster work, dude. respect!

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                              "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                              SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                              My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Working...
                              X