Speaker people assemble, Massachusetts edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker people assemble, Massachusetts edition

Nothing formal, just looking to make some audio buddies in the Central Mass area. I can host or visit, I'm in Ashland/Framingham. Any speaker geeks in my new neck of the woods? Met a bunch of great dudes in Southern CA, several through here who I consider true friends.

Wait, did you move from left to right coast?

Comment

Will you be serving a certain food item?

Comment

I hold the DIY New England event each year at my place in Canton. Framingham isn't that far from here.

dlr
        WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Phil: Yup- job was very toxic in Aliso and other local options weren't cutting it. Squid: When I host, generally the beer flows and I'll typically do hot wings, which are something of a specialty of mine. dlr- that's awesome! I had no idea you were out this way, I'd love to attend.

Comment

Framingham! Home of the Mothership! Bose!......Moving to near Littleton, Mass in a month or two. Have ATC, Dynaudio and DIY speakers.....maybe YBA electronics. Current project using tweeter and woofer from my first ground up speaker build 25 years ago. Vifa D27TG35 & Seas P17/RE. Should turn out a little better this time around. Hopefully I will find a place that has a good room or two. Let me know, I'll let you know.
            “Never ask people about your work.”
            ― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Comment

Cool beans DE- Funny thing with bose, the previous homeowner left their bose system in place in the living room. It's not my preference, but given it's all wall mounted, the wife likes it and it's serviceable for a system I don't really use. I've got a finished basement that works pretty nicely for sound, and good workshop space. I just need to get off my duff and start using the workspace! Let me know when you arrive and we can hang out and speaker geek together.

Comment

I'm in Somerville FWIW. I suspect most audio people here are into vinyl or dacs or god knows what.

Comment

Originally posted by civit View Post
                  I'm in Somerville FWIW. I suspect most audio people here are into vinyl or dacs or god knows what.
                  Cool- I'll include you as I see about get-togethers!

Comment

I'm in Providence
                    A meet up sounds cool.

I was at the last NE DIY meet-up from audioKarma.

Comment

I will be there - in spirit.
                      Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                        I will be there - in spirit.
                        Well, generally I stick to beer, but as you well know, occasionally the spirits make a showing as well

Comment

Working...
                        X