Dayton titanic mkiii questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton titanic mkiii questions

recently acquired from Dhar (thanks again!) and am thinking of replacing my dual Elemental Designs 7kv.2 ported subwoofer with this 12” titanic mkiii.

I’ve read lots about porting this between 2.5 and 3 cubes but would love to use this in the same space the dual 6.5” subs took which gives me right around 1 cube sealed.

I also have a Yung SD300-6 that I’m considering using for this project. Dhar mentioned it may work nicely sealed in this space with some boost. The dual 6.5” gives me decent outputs to low 20’s in my room but spl obviously suffers.

Would the titanic be worth the effort sealed? Will I get the same or better extension with increased spl? I wasn’t sure how to “add” the 6db after using Winisd.

thanks guys! My other thought is doing two 15” IB behind the wall mount tv exhausted in the chimney 😬😬😬😏😏😏

Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Looks like you'd hit Xmax (18mm) @ 200w RMS w/+6dB @ 30Hz. Still, that'd be able to maintain at 105dB at 27Hz.
    3cf (vented, w/out boost) could play a couple dB louder down to 30Hz, but would run +9dB louder into the upper teens.
    The sealed/stuffed/boosted box SHOULD be OK, unless you really need 20Hz. (no room gains factored in)

Comment

Thanks Chris!

I watch movies every once in a while, so low 20’s would be nice but not entirely necessary.

it does almost sound like a non-boosted plate amp may serve better, is that so Chris?

3 cubes tuned to what makes it rain in the teens? 😏 thanks again chris!!
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Did you ever measure the t/s parameters of those Elemental Design drivers, btw? I had a ED 13kv2 at one time and the specs were so far off published specs that I wrote the company, and got an asinine response in return.
        Brian Steele
        www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

A 4"id x 21"port (pretty long) = Fb of 22 & F3 also in the low 20s, but ...
          if you've already got the driver, and the boosted amp, even a 1cf "waste" box wouldn't cost much to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Steele View Post
            Did you ever measure the t/s parameters of those Elemental Design drivers, btw? I had a ED 13kv2 at one time and the specs were so far off published specs that I wrote the company, and got an asinine response in return.
            Negative, I just always went by size recommendations and have been satisfied. I've heard this issue before but have never measured drivers, but I have always been satisfied with their products so never drew concern. I can understand the problems it would draw up though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
              A 4"id x 21"port (pretty long) = Fb of 22 & F3 also in the low 20s, but ...
              if you've already got the driver, and the boosted amp, even a 1cf "waste" box wouldn't cost much to try.
              Thanks Chris! I'll evaluate the 1cf enclosure and move from there. Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Working...
              X