Walnut Baronettes Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walnut Baronettes Build

Just a warning - this build will be in fits and starts. Such is life with toddlers!

Today I had about an hour and a half in the garage so I managed to plane two large walnut boards. These are bookmatched as I had the shop resaw a 2" thick plank and I now have two 3/4" planed boards.

Next step will be jointing the sides and cutting to rough part off, then I will be cutting a strip of 7 inches through each board that will be long enough for the sides and top. I will miter those pieces to get a continuous flow of the grain as well as a bookmatch grain.

Baffles will be single pieces of walnut. We will see how far I get! The parts (excepting one CAT308 tweeter) are sitting at the border waiting for pickup. Weeeee!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190109_120107.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	597.9 KB
ID:	1399962

In this first pic I sanded the nearest board (just 120 grit) after planing and splashed some rubbing alcohol on it just to see the colour. LOVE it.

Name:	IMG_20190109_120425.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	568.0 KB
ID:	1399961

Name:	IMG_20190109_120445.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	762.8 KB
ID:	1399964
    Here's a close up of one. There's some really nice character here along with some large birdseye flecks - didn't notice those when they were rough boards!
    Attached Files

Beautiful lumber. Good luck with the 45min-2hr sprints in time.
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Gorgeous pieces! Looking forward to your build log.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
      "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
      SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
      My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Working...
      X