Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Front facing Sehlin Rhodiums?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front facing Sehlin Rhodiums?

Hey guys,

I have decided to build Scott's Rhodiums as my next project...and to try making them look "nice".

Is there a way to make them front ported?

I plan to make this with flamed rock maple, covered dovetails, and a captive baffle.

Put the port in front.

Comment

I'm very new at this.

Where would one fit?

Comment

Make it taller and shallower, same volume, room for port on bottom.

Or just make it as designed, just don't shove it up against a wall.

Comment

I've vented out the top successfully...

Comment

Thanks guys!

I can't overemphasize how much of a neophyte I am at this

Comment

Thanks guys!

I can't overemphasize how much of a neophyte I am at this

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                I've vented out the top successfully...
                I dig the screen method.

Don't change the baffle width much (was it 5% or so?) OP and you can adjust as necessary.
                Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Thanks.

I was staring at the things, and I really think that Scott made these the very tiniest package possible...which is a good thing I guess.

Comment

Working...
                  X