Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Center speaker build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center speaker build

HI, I am wanting to build a center speaker using 2 Dayton RS 180p-4 woofers in a vented enclosure. I have tried modeling it on WinISD but for some reason it keeps rejecting the perameters. Can somebody please help. I know I need somewere between 1.2 and 1.8 cu. I am looking at 2 rectangular ports (1 on each end) aprox .75 x 7" long. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Try UniBox.

"Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
    of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
    - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
    A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
    (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

Within WinISD go to Help and go to the Entering your own drivers section, and there is advice on the order of T/S parameters to enter with auto-calculate turned on.

Or see this...http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/resources/winisd-a-beginners-tutorial/

Comment

(w/"Autocalc" ON) just enter (in this order): Qes, Qms, (NOT Qts) Fs, Vas, Re, Le, Sd (I like cm^2 'cause that's how its usually spec'd), Xmax, and Pe. No problem.

Looks like a 1.7cf box would want your 2 slots to each be about 9" long.

Comment

thanks for the responses. Chris what was the tuning on the ports with that? thanks again

Comment

Fb and F3 in the upper 30s. Xmax near 60w RMS into the low 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post
              Try UniBox.
              Thank you for this advice! I had the same question!

Comment

Go to loudspeakerdatabase.com and just download the WinISD file for this driver. They have every dayton woofer there.

Comment

Thanks again. Civit awesome info, good to know.

Comment

Chris you were a real life saver, you lowered my blood pressure a lot . thank you. I have been using win ISD for I don't know how many years and never had a problem until now. thank again

Comment

This Dayton driver is not on loudspeakerdatabase.com

Comment

Working...
                      X