Seas nextel vs peerless for OB Mid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seas nextel vs peerless for OB Mid

I am currently using a Peerless 830883 in OB configuration from 300 -1.8khz. I would like to go to a larger driver say the 8 inch Seas Nextel (not mag). I know the nextel are much more expensive, but should I realize a performance improvement? distortion wise? I am thinking the larger driver will handle the lower end better and may be a smoother sound overall. Thanks. (BTW this is mated to a Satori TW29)

This is an active system?

Comment

Have you done any distortion measurements with the 830883? In my OB setup I see very low distortion even baffleless and up to fairly high levels. Also no obvious motor or spider noise due to the phase plug and open basket.

Comment

Jim - I haven't heard that Seas nextel, but I recently built the Revolutions by Jeff Bagby that uses the SB Satori MR13P (sorry, can't link, but it's at that Michigan place)
        I could not be happier with the smoothness and resolution. Best I've heard. You could use a pair as MTM.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
        "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
        SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
        My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Working...
        X