Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Making sawdust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making sawdust

It's been far too long. One off project, RS150S-8 and Tang Band 28-537SH. Some old school hoarders might be able to duplicate this, but in reality, it's just for me. Pre-laminated woodgrain MDF I rescued from an Old Navy store, and reclaimed butcher block baffles. I've been sitting on this for a while, finally decided to get serious. Stay tuned.
    You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Sounds like a nice project! Gotta love that tweet!
    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
      Sounds like a nice project! Gotta love that tweet!
      Indeed, and you're the reason this thing can happen! But you knew that...😎

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Flush trimming.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Love the smell of sawdust in the morning

Comment

Warm enough to open the garage door! Nice combo of drivers.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
            "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
            SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
            My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Nice use of the reclaimed materials. Looks like a good start.

Comment

Bring them to DDIY or Iowa Mark!
                Craig

Comment

It does feel good to get the sawdust flying again, right?
                  Butcher block looks cool every time I see it.
                  I've been listening to a speaker using the RS150 and it sure sounds smooth.

TomZ
                  *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                  *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Laying out driver positions...

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Port will be right below the woofer. I usually fire the port to the rear, but I have the real estate here, and I just thought, "Why not?".

~Pink Floyd

Comment

I love it! Keep the progress going and the pics flowing.

Comment

Tweeter recesses and through holes done. Woofers and ports later today, hopefully.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Woofer holes done (still need chamfers on the rear), ports located and glued.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Those must be some deep boxes cause those ports look long...
                              Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X