Making sawdust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
    Those must be some deep boxes cause those ports look long...
    Good catch. I actually forgot to account for the baffle thickness, have to lop off an inch.🙄
    You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
      Good catch. I actually forgot to account for the baffle thickness, have to lop off an inch.🙄
      If that's the only mistake you make on these, you're doing great I'd say. I consider veneer -- my preferred finishing method -- both a beautiful way to finish a cabinet off, as well as a great way to cover up all my screw-ups during construction.

Those look to be tuned pretty low with that size vent. I'm always surprised how low the Encores I just finished which use the same size RS driver can play.
      I'm thinking 'no sub needed' with those.

Looking good. Hey, isn't momentum great?!

TomZ
      *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
      *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Thanks, Tom! Reality is, there's still lots to do, PLENTY of time to make a bunch more mistakes. I forget what the tuning wound up being, but yes, it's pretty low. I just went with a flat tuning, though, no EBS or anything. They look like they'll go low, but surely not loud. Once xmax is breached things get ugly quick. I may even put a high pass on the woofs to protect them.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Port holes cut, then roundovers applied. Still need to do the chamfers, waiting on one of those fancy back cut chamfer bits from Javad. Almost ready to measure, then sim.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Can't let Mark hog all the primo AZ garage weather
            Copy of Lou C's speaker pages: http://www.rob-elder.com/LouC/speakers.html

Comment

Wow, that looks like a major project!😎

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Got the baffles glued in place, and the removable backs done, made the chamfer on one woofer cutout, and installed the drivers in that box so I can get to measuring. That undercut router bit from Javad is pretty scary. 😮

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Lookin' sharp with the dark drivers on the light wood Mark.

3 projects there, a center channel, a couple rear surrounds (piccolata-ish clones), and some acoustic panel frames.
                  Copy of Lou C's speaker pages: http://www.rob-elder.com/LouC/speakers.html

Comment

Working...
                  X