Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Help with box volume calc!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with box volume calc!

Ok I thought I knew a few things, but the more if learn the less I know! I need to add enclosure volume to compensate for my "port volume" and speaker magnet volume. The magnet volume I think I can handle. The port volume, not so much. Is it the volume of the tube port itself? Pi x r2 x Length, or is it more complex? Help please!

I think you've got it.
    A cylinder is Pi x r x r x length. (the r x r is "r squared" - on a computer often typed as "r^2" (radius raised to the power of 2).
    Are you sizing your box w/a formula, or box modeling software (like the FREE WinISD from linearteam.org )?

Comment

Thanks Chris! I am using a box volume modeled for me by another member. So in order to maintain the modeled volume I would add the calculated volume of the port and the magnets to the modeled box volume?

Comment

Technically yes, but odds are (unless the box is small and tuned pretty low) it won't matter much. You should do your own models - it's fun. If the "lost volume" is < 10%, you could see if it really matters that much.

Comment

Working...
        X