Crackling sound from subwoofer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackling sound from subwoofer

Hello all, I have an issue with my Dayton Audio HO 18” subwoofer in my truck. There’s a subtle crackling/popping sound coming from the sub. It sounds exactly like when you connect a speaker to an amplifier that is on with power. All the connections are solid (I checked) and nothing has changed with the exact same setup I’ve been running it on for years. Started happening randomly and won’t stop. Does not matter if the engine is running or on accessory. Does not matter if audio is playin or not. Also doesn’t matter if the vehicle is moving or parked. It’s connected to a Rockford fosgate punch amp and a pioneer double din radio. Anyone experience this?

I think you should call PE tech support...
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

"Does not matter if audio is playin or not"

Sounds like the issue might be with your amplifier or the Pioneer deck. Swap out the amplifier for another one to test.
      Brian Steele
      www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Originally posted by Noneill View Post
        Hello all, I have an issue with my Dayton Audio HO 18” subwoofer in my truck. There’s a subtle crackling/popping sound coming from the sub. It sounds exactly like when you connect a speaker to an amplifier that is on with power. All the connections are solid (I checked) and nothing has changed with the exact same setup I’ve been running it on for years. Started happening randomly and won’t stop. Does not matter if the engine is running or on accessory. Does not matter if audio is playin or not. Also doesn’t matter if the vehicle is moving or parked. It’s connected to a Rockford fosgate punch amp and a pioneer double din radio. Anyone experience this?
        Loose connection or fractured wire inside the RCA connectors?

Comment

Originally posted by AEIOU View Post

Loose connection or fractured wire inside the RCA connectors?
          I disconnected the RCA’s for the sub, sound still exists. I’ll be swapping the amps if I still have my cheap dual one for trouble shooting

Comment

I had a similar problem with our living room sub-woofer, it turned out to be a blown capacitor in the sub-woofer amplifier.

Geoff

Comment

Working...
            X