umm-6 , Holm issues ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• umm-6 , Holm issues ?

as some of you may have seen i'm trying to start a new build . to day when i went to measure the little coax im running into problems . all my equipment is basically new . new mic , new hard-drive and freshly loaded Holm Impulse ... the issue i'm running into is a can not capture anything above 4K ! now i'm not sure if it's the new mic which had it's calibration file loaded or if i just don't have something in Holm set right . below is a pic of a BG25 that i've used more than once and know measures well normally . any help appreciated ! Click image for larger version

Name:	umm-6issues2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	1403121
    Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

Low passed?
    www.billfitzmaurice.com
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

not as far as i can tell but i can hear the sweeps go all the up . hope that makes sense ...
      Paper Towers
      RS180P/28F surrounds
      Boombox

Comment

i am thinking it is something in the Holm set-up . when i first got the new mic i ran sweeps on some of my older builds and everything was fine . then my hard-drive crashed and has been replaced .
        Paper Towers
        RS180P/28F surrounds
        Boombox

Comment

this was before the crash , 6/28/18 . was the first time i measured my towers indoors ...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	inroomtower.PNG
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	1403129
          Paper Towers
          RS180P/28F surrounds
          Boombox

Comment

Take a look through this thread.
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ht=HolmImpulse

Is the sound card new? Check the sound card settings to make sure all the special effects are turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by rpb View Post
              thanks rpb , been going through the user guide downloaded from Holm the last few hours . when i unplug my amp and mic and use just the laptop speakers this is what i get . starting to think this mic may have took a sh!t also ... I'm behind frustrated at this point !Click image for larger version

Name:	umm-6issues3.PNG
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	1403139
              Paper Towers
              RS180P/28F surrounds
              Boombox

Comment

There's a setting in sound cards that take output, and feed it back in. That's what I suspect is happening. Settings on the sound card may be different now due to the new hard drive install.

Windows has some setting to check too, but I can't remember where those are, or what they are called. It's been a long time since I messed with them. Windows mixer???
                Check the control panel.

Comment

i pas threw via HDMI , my soundcard is not even in play . i got Arta loaded and gonna see what that shows me
                  Paper Towers
                  RS180P/28F surrounds
                  Boombox

Comment

that aint working ! shuts down 1/2 way through and is so f'ing slow !!!!
                    Paper Towers
                    RS180P/28F surrounds
                    Boombox

Comment

rpb , you see anything wrong here ? 42 tv is due to the ARC connection with my receiver and is what i've always used .
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	umm-6issues4.PNG
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1403147
                      Paper Towers
                      RS180P/28F surrounds
                      Boombox

Comment

Check the sample rate of the mic input in windows settings. 4kHz cutoff is representative of an 8kHz sample rate, instead of 44.1 or 48kHz.
                        "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
                        exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post
                          Check the sample rate of the mic input in windows settings. 4kHz cutoff is representative of an 8kHz sample rate, instead of 44.1 or 48kHz.
                          is this what you're talking about ? made no difference . Click image for larger version

Name:	umm-6issues5.PNG
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1403153

but then i checked and it reverted back to this ! i think you're right ... Click image for larger version

Name:	umm-6issues6.PNG
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1403154
                          Paper Towers
                          RS180P/28F surrounds
                          Boombox

Comment

Thanks dcibel !!! that was it . i forgot to hit apply ... here is the 3.5 inch portion of the coax . Click image for larger version

Name:	umm-6issues7.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1403156
                            Paper Towers
                            RS180P/28F surrounds
                            Boombox

Comment

Working...
                            X