OT: Pete Schumacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete Schumacher View Post
    Hey all . . . for some reason, I guess the admins were watching the posts or something, My original profile has been restored without the special character. Just back to plain old me again (obsessed and proud).

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. It means a lot. I'm looking forward to making some appearances again with new stuff in tow, shaking hands, sharing stories.

Some may not recognize me . . . I've lost a lot of weight. Feels good.
    Well, it is definitely easier to take you seriously with 19,900 post rather than Just_Another_Speaker_Guy with 3 posts! I've learned a lot from your posts over the years and hope to meet you at one of the upcoming events. Thank you for your contributions and I'm sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by JST_NTHR_SPKR_GY® View Post
      My original profile has been restored without the special character. Just back to plain old me again (obsessed and proud).
      Now I am just more confused.
      "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
      of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
      - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
      A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
      (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

Pete - so sorry to hear of your loss. That must be incredibly tough. I do feel like this forum has been given a lift just since your return. I doubt this is a coincidence. Welcome back.

Comment

Deepest condolences, Pete. And, welcome back!

Comment

Sorry Pete but glad you are back
            I was tired and got tired again so now I am Re tired.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. I know there isn't much that I can say other than I hope you make it through and continue to live a full life.

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post

Now I am just more confused.
                My original Parts Express Tech Talk moniker was also a "special" character (only fitting too) but the Forum software changes made my Code Page Character unrecognizable. Look up Code Page 437 Character 146 if you are interested. I lost some 6,000 posts and replies.

Comment

Originally posted by AEIOU View Post

My original Parts Express Tech Talk moniker was also a "special" character (only fitting too) but the Forum software changes made my Code Page Character unrecognizable. Look up Code Page 437 Character 146 if you are interested.
                  Æ

You can put the characters in the message editor, they just won't let you put them in the account name. And because your entire account name was one special character . . . but maybe they could do the same for you?

Thanks for the kind words . . . everyone.

Pete Schumacher®
                  R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                  Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                  "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Originally posted by AEIOU View Post
                    Look up Code Page...
                    Perhaps you did not notice my tongue-in-cheek use of the missing character in the post you referenced.

"Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
                    of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."

Comment

Originally posted by JST_NTHR_SPKR_GY® View Post
                      You can put the characters in the message editor...
                      That is true.

Comment

My sympathy and prayers for you and your family, Pete.

Comment

Pete,

I'm really sorry I missed this thread. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jim

Comment

Pete,

No one can truly appreciate the loss you have sustained. I lost my wife suddenly a couple of years ago, and I can offer you this: While it took some time, I did slowly recover from that loss. I have been fortunate to have found love again, and I hope you will be as fortunate as I. I pray you find solace in you friends and family, and in the appreciation of the many lives you have touched.

Curt
                            Curt's Speaker Design Works

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
                            - Aristotle

Comment

Nice to see you around, Curt!
                              Wolf
                              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                              http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Hi Ben,
                                Been around. Just been too darn busy with work and other things to find time for my passion of music. Hopefully I can get back to diy in earnest soon.
                                C
                                Curt's Speaker Design Works

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
                                - Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                                X