Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Weights for Passive radiator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weights for Passive radiator

I'm thinking about using a PR in a small subwoofer project and haven't used one of these before. The product description for the Dayton PR DSA 215-rp8 (part 295-549) states - " convenient M5 threaded hole (screw included) allows different types of weights to be added if desired." What type of weights would these be? --something designed specifically for this PR or just something like common washers stacked up to provide additional weight?

Thanks

Typically just a stack of washers, I think they even come with some but haven't seen one to confirm. The main concern is that you don't over-weight it, there's only so much you can add. There are some other threads on here talking about weight and Xmax guidelines for PR's.
    Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
    Wogg Music
    Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat

Comment

Every Dayton PR I've bought has had a stack of basically fender washers with it. Determining PR weight is part of the design process.

Comment

Working...
      X