Spam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam

90% of page 1 is spam or some 10 year old thread resurrected by a new "member" with a meaningless post. Just sayin'.

It's the most activity PETT has had.... in a LONG time ;-)
    Craig

Comment

Another annoying thing is that reporting it is a hassle.

I've seen on other boards a system where enough trusted members indicating spam can hide posts by new accounts. I've also seen boards where new accounts are limited to posting in a reserved sticky post for quick questions.

Comment

Spammers don't take weekends off. Neither can moderators.
        www.billfitzmaurice.com
        www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
          It's the most activity PETT has had.... in a LONG time ;-)
          Sad.

Comment

Spam is mildly irritating but if the process of joining involves a lengthy wait for a moderator to approve the first few posts it will prevent significant numbers of people getting involved. I have been frustrated to the point of giving up several times when I wanted to join a forum to post a question and had to wait sometimes days for it to appear. The best approach is not clear to me when the moderation is at a low level.

Comment

Spam is easy to prevent, just manually screen and approve or delete registrations. It will delay registrations from taking effect immediately, but since this is a forum offering technical advice and not emergency medical advice it's not an intolerable inconvenience.
              www.billfitzmaurice.com
              www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

https://cleantalk.org/

I use this on my forum, it works well and is very inexpensive.

Comment

It dont bother me none, if I don't like a post I just don't read it …….its funny how some people need some type of ignore button to prevent oneself from reading spam. SMDH LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
                    It dont bother me none, if I don't like a post I just don't read it …….its funny how some people need some type of ignore button to prevent oneself from reading spam. SMDH LMAO
                    Normally I'd agree but the posts sometimes bring old threads back to life. Kind of a PITA.

Comment

Just don't go deleting my account yet, I ask dumb questions and it isn't spam

Comment

Working...
                      X