Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Best place to mount a.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to mount a.....

Guys I'm attempting to salvage my last failed build by including a small driver as a dodgy sub, I was originally intending to leave the ports forward facing and recess/uundermount the driver. Would this cause any problems considering it will be almost covered 24/7, would I need to router a few tracks in for it to breathe or just bite the bullet and front/rear mount which would be a rebuild of.the enclosure.

The driver will have a low pass filter at 150hz according to the amp, so not sure if it will muffle or not worry with that lower frequency

As a reference...sorry had to use Photoshop on the phone which isn't very good..

Front mounting the would require a re build as the panel is glued on and those pesky port holes are there.
    Attached Files

Comment

Is this a FAST style design? What size woofer do you have in mind? What drivers are in place and their size.
      Will a TCP115-4 or 8 fit, has small vas.
      Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
      DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
      Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

nope not a fast style, im using a TEBM as a woofer and have ordered the 2.1 HIFI amp from PE, so fully intend to have it on the 0.1 channel. i know i can get some good performance out of that driver in anything from 0.12cuft to 0.18cuft and get a good bass note, just never used that amp before. i'm also putting the ND65's in a sealed enclosure.

complete trial and error approach on this one.

Comment

Low passed at 150Hz it doesn't matter which way the driver faces.
          www.billfitzmaurice.com
          www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
            Low passed at 150Hz it doesn't matter which way the driver faces.
            ​​​​​​Good to hear, I was worried that facing down would muffle it., Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X