KICKER L715 Q - Class System Setup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KICKER L715 Q - Class System Setup?

Hello everyone, I'm very new to the audio scene and I'm hoping I can get some help. I'm currently setting up a Kicker L7 15" QClass subwoofer in my 1994 4 Door Toyota Four Runner. I have plenty of space in the back to have a proper system. I'm trying to get the most out of my L7 15", and I was hoping someone could direct me towards a high quality, good sounding amplifier? The subwoofer is a Dual Voice Coil 4 Ohm 1200 Watt Continuous RMS.. I've heard Zapco's are very well made AMPs with good clean power. If anyone has any specific AMPs they would personally recommend I'm all ears. I'm also curious if anyone has any Box dimensions they could recommend? I personally emailed KICKER and a representative recommend a 3.5 cu ft, 40" sq opening X 19.5" deep into box. I'm open for any suggestions, I want to made the cleanest and best sounding system as possible! Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

This is a bit of a self promotion... but I wrote a lot about the very basics of woofer design, specifically while building a woofer for my car on my site here:
    http://woggmusic.com/the-art-of-do-i...peaker-design/

The amp choice isn't going to be nearly as important as you think, beyond a reliable brand with sufficient power. I've found the power ratings on auto amps to be crap, especially if you're under a budget. The fuse ratings on the amp are a really good way to judge how much power the amp really has on tap. Take the total fuse rating and multiply by 13, that's how many watts the amp can continuously consume. The real power to the speaker will be less than that.
    Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
    Wogg Music
    Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat

Comment

Working...
    X