No announcement yet.

Design Help: UM10-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be a total length of 4 ft (48").

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
      That would be a total length of 4 ft (48").
      Thank you sir, that's quite a port!

Comment

This is 1" wider and 4" taller (gotta add on the space the "slot" takes up). 4 yrs ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SlotPorted10inUltimax.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1428280
        Taller build ...

Name:	TimsUM10.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1428281

Comment

Here's a design. 1-11/16 wide ports, 11 tall, 54-something long. Vent velocity at 22.9 meters/sec at RMS, some people like to keep it below 20 at *half* RMS, so that's pretty good. Maybe.

Name:	KomZlWh.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1428285
          MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Here's the sketchup if you wanna try that. I used 0.72 for the ply thickness because that's what I frequently use. Fat 18mm ply.
            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

So I guess they've gutted the ability to post links? The preview worked, but now my sketchup and winisd links don't actually work. What's the recommended way of doing this on this POS forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                This is 1" wider and 4" taller (gotta add on the space the "slot" takes up). 4 yrs ago.

Name:	SlotPorted10inUltimax.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1428280
                Taller build ...

Name:	TimsUM10.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1428281

I had a buddy help me with a SketchUp design using your cf net and a 40' port. I stayed with the port size being 1 1/8" tall and 11 1/2" wide, but stretched the box deeper to keep the height down. When calculating the net internal cf, I don't count the port volume do I? In my model, I subtracted the port volume from the net cf.

Comment

Correct.

Name:	sdtnrst.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1430137

Comment

Perfect, thanks! I'll get this one rolling.

Comment

Have you considered a 12" PR?

Comment

Originally posted by guitar maestro View Post
                        Have you considered a 12" PR?
                        Yeah. Once the port gets that crazy long, it's time to think about a PR.
                        Francis

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post

I hadn't considered that, but I will on the next design! With a PR, does that replace a port and change the design to sealed? Or just reduce the port length?

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post

It's not finished yet, but I am building a 1.6cf box with the UM10 that uses the RSS315 PR. It adds $90 to the build but eliminates that need for the port therefor the size of the overall box. Parts Express helped with the modelling they recommended using all 4 weight discs that come with the PR.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfire View Post

I hadn't considered that, but I will on the next design! With a PR, does that replace a port and change the design to sealed? Or just reduce the port length?
                              Neither. It sort of acts as a port. You no longer need any other port. It definitely is not a sealed design.
                              Francis

Comment

Working...
                              X