Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Designs with 830869?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Designs with 830869?

Has anyone designed anything with this? I think I found something by Troels but other than that I've only found bits and pieces. This was the DOTD a few weeks or month or so ago. Looking to build some stuff to clear out the stockpile and started looking around. I've used one for a while as a small subwoofer and it is actually quite capable, so would think it would make a great full range large monitor.

Thanks for any leads guys.
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Placed four in a square pattern below Altec 511 horns for a friend's speakers. He crosses them at 800Hz LR4 active. The box is 10 ft^3, and they reach down to 28Hz at the port tuning. Very enjoyable to listen to, but maybe a bit larger than you had in mind
    Francis

Comment

Yeeeeeeeee. I love it but only have a pair 😕

if/when I sell my HT 5.0 I may revisit this, I’m wanting to go more pro audio style in my HT.....
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

No idea how these sound, but a search revealed:

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mult...waveguide.html

http://ampslab.com/falcon.htm

I've built another Ampslab design ("Lark") and like it a lot.

Geoff

Comment

Since they're 8" drivers, you may want to think of a waveguided tweeter to match the dispersion at crossover. There are a few projects like that around here. You may have to tweak the crossover of an existing design. If they have a fault, it's the relatively small Xmax, and the distortion rising pretty rapidly with cone excursion. Other than that, they are really nice sounding, and worth some effort.
          Francis

Comment

That Falcon 3-way (w/out actually running a sim) LOOKs to be a pretty competent design.

Comment

Working...
            X