Designs with 830869?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Designs with 830869?

Has anyone designed anything with this? I think I found something by Troels but other than that I've only found bits and pieces. This was the DOTD a few weeks or month or so ago. Looking to build some stuff to clear out the stockpile and started looking around. I've used one for a while as a small subwoofer and it is actually quite capable, so would think it would make a great full range large monitor.

Thanks for any leads guys.
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Placed four in a square pattern below Altec 511 horns for a friend's speakers. He crosses them at 800Hz LR4 active. The box is 10 ft^3, and they reach down to 28Hz at the port tuning. Very enjoyable to listen to, but maybe a bit larger than you had in mind
    Francis

Comment

Yeeeeeeeee. I love it but only have a pair šŸ˜•

if/when I sell my HT 5.0 I may revisit this, Iā€™m wanting to go more pro audio style in my HT.....
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

No idea how these sound, but a search revealed:

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mult...waveguide.html

http://ampslab.com/falcon.htm

I've built another Ampslab design ("Lark") and like it a lot.

Geoff

Comment

Since they're 8" drivers, you may want to think of a waveguided tweeter to match the dispersion at crossover. There are a few projects like that around here. You may have to tweak the crossover of an existing design. If they have a fault, it's the relatively small Xmax, and the distortion rising pretty rapidly with cone excursion. Other than that, they are really nice sounding, and worth some effort.
          Francis

Comment

That Falcon 3-way (w/out actually running a sim) LOOKs to be a pretty competent design.

Comment

Working...
            X