Trouble with WinISD 15" Passive Radiator Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with WinISD 15" Passive Radiator Build

Hey guys! Could someone take a look at this WinISD project and help me understand how to tune this subwoofer build a lot lower than 30hz? I added the mass, but I'm not sure whether it's for one PR or two. This sub should easily get down to 24hz, as I've seen this sub on YouTube with those stated specs, but it's not happening for me.

Any help is appreciated!
    Attached Files

I am for sure no expert on this, but your added mass is 150 kg?

That would equate to about 315 lbs.....!

That would be the first place I would double check.
    Did you mean 150 grams?

Your Fs (with added mass) is UNUSUALLY low. .88 Hz would not be a usable frequency in any design.

Comment

Yeah. Change your units to G(rams - instead of kg) and try around 300g (F3 in the upper 20s).
      (I do not know if that means 300g on EACH PR, or if that's combined.)
      anyone? ?

Comment

Originally posted by kevintomb View Post
        I am for sure no expert on this, but your added mass is 150 kg?

That would equate to about 315 lbs.....!

That would be the first place I would double check.
        Did you mean 150 grams?

Your Fs (with added mass) is UNUSUALLY low. .88 Hz would not be a usable frequency in any design.
        Thanks kevintomb and Chris Roemer !! I have a better curve now, but should I'm still not sure whether the added mass is for both cones LOL I'll have to continue digging.

Comment

This looks much better!

Comment

BUMP... Does anyone know whether mass in WinISD is for to passive radiators or one if my project has two PRs? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you model with one PR to derive any answer?

Comment

Originally posted by BossMan View Post
                BUMP... Does anyone know whether mass in WinISD is for to passive radiators or one if my project has two PRs? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I don't know this for a fact, but I'm fairly certain it's mass PER passive radiator. When you do multiple ports, the port length is PER port, so I would assume it's the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 1100xxben View Post
                  I don't know this for a fact, but I'm fairly certain it's mass PER passive radiator. When you do multiple ports, the port length is PER port, so I would assume it's the same.
                  Thanks!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1100xxben View Post

I agree. I had the same question a while back, so I answered myself by modeling it in Akabak. So unless my Akabak script was wrong, WinISD uses the added mass per each PR.

Comment

I had problems getting PRs / mass added to make much sense in WinISD. But then I tried installing WinISD Pro Alpha, and then it made a lot more sense / actually updated when I changed the mass field. In the standard version changing that field did nothing at all for me.

Comment

WinISD Pro Alpha if anyone needs it.

Comment

Working...
                        X