Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Pondering new builds to improve my sound, er...life.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built a pair of Dayton 8s years ago, MTM using same drivers as your current speakers. I thought they sounded pretty good. The next design I built was a buyout Scan Speak woofer and SB Acoustics tweeter. The improvement over the D8s was very apparent, even to me.

I'm sure you will notice the improvement when you build your next project.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm going to keep researching and I'm sure I will find something i want. All of your suggestions are really good to some sites I haven"t seen.

Comment

Originally posted by breadfan View Post

I use the Dayton 275-070 "Silky and the Dayton 295-310 8" Classic. I absolutely love the woofers. I know there is better out there and that really makes it even more exciting because these are not expensive woofers at all. The XO that Chris designed for this enclosure just blows me away. When I listen to Jazz, it's all right there in front of me, just incredible. It's the rock where is falls to deliver. It's the highs that fail to come through.
        What's the XO point on your existing speakers?

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post

What's the XO point on your existing speakers?
          I think around 3K but I can't remember. Chris R sent me the parts list and the layout, I just ordered it and put it together. Here is the XO:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
              Thank you Chris.

Comment

Working...
              X