No announcement yet.

Soldering xo change sound?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting some thought into it , if you want to get philosophical I suppose what you end up hearing no matter how you get there is what matters.......not whether you did it ‘right’ or it measures ‘correctly’ or if Bill says it’s wrong or Johnny doesn’t like my brand of audio religion.

i started coming here to learn the right way but I’m not sure I want to know......I mean i’ve put together some seriously good sound systems over the yrs knowing less than I do now. (And no it was not on the backs of the engineers......they would cringe hard at some of the things I’ve done)

but it hey......to each his own, takes all kinds, whatever floats your boat, different ways to skin the same cat.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountainman Bob View Post

I like kool aid! ; )

I really don’t see the problem with aiming a little high.....I always lean toward better than adequate (within reason of course) and it usually pays off in some way, even if it is only in the satisfaction knowing I put the effort in.

$2 a foot compared to half a dollar foot for 30 feet is not gonna make or break me......and the benefits may take other forms than sq such as flexibility, longevity, appearance etc

I find a lot of people who hold their wallets close to their hearts will convince themselves there is absolutely no reason to spend an extra dime when there may in fact be several.

Excess, overkill, too much power......these are a few of my favorite things (in my best Julie Andrews voice)

Although Bill I certainly agree some of it goes waaaaaay to far!
      I think you are missing the point many are trying to make to you.

Your reasoning is fine......if that is what you like to do.
      But I see you making the mistake many in audio make.

They feel that something that is marketed as better or higher priced will make an improvement in "reality" as to what they hear.
      Why not spend a bit more, why not go for the better one, and so on.

But you assume some spend the least they can, based on ignorance or a false idea, when in reality, many have simply proven to themselves long ago that a lot of the Price/Marketing stuff in audio that when subjected to a proper verification process, indeed had either no difference or so little to not matter to most.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevintomb View Post

I think you are missing the point many are trying to make to you.

Your reasoning is fine......if that is what you like to do.
        But I see you making the mistake many in audio make.

They feel that something that is marketed as better or higher priced will make an improvement in "reality" as to what they hear.
        Why not spend a bit more, why not go for the better one, and so on.

But you assume some spend the least they can, based on ignorance or a false idea, when in reality, many have simply proven to themselves long ago that a lot of the Price/Marketing stuff in audio that when subjected to a proper verification process, indeed had either no difference or so little to not matter to most.
        Just taking a stab in the dark that you all must assume I’m some kind of idiot who is lost without any comprehension of opposing view points?

Comment

• Monster is famous for deceptive marketing and BS trademark litigation.

Blue Jeans Cable Strikes Back - Response to Monster Cable | Audioholics

Comment

• Originally posted by djg View Post
            Monster is famous for deceptive marketing and BS trademark litigation.

Blue Jeans Cable Strikes Back - Response to Monster Cable | Audioholics
            Lol......I bought it because I thought the name was cool

i have looked at the blue Jean site......that’s where I picked up on Belden and canare

Comment

• “So little that it did not matter to most “

interesting caveat there......who are the others besides the ‘most’ ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountainman Bob View Post

Just taking a stab in the dark that you all must assume I’m some kind of idiot who is lost without any comprehension of opposing view points?
                Do not think anyone in here is an idiot, but think you may be here with an agenda.

On that note, I am bowing out.
                This type of back and forth bickering is better suited to one of several "audiophile" forums.

Good luck with your soldering!

Comment

• Originally posted by kevintomb View Post

Do not think anyone in here is an idiot, but think you may be here with an agenda.

On that note, I am bowing out.
                  This type of back and forth bickering is better suited to one of several "audiophile" forums.

Good luck with your soldering!
                  hey if there wasn't back and forth neither one would understand the other.......my agenda is strictly self educational.

i seem to be lumped into some category of snake oil believer and science hater with a active imagination? basically a audiophool

theres just no possible way i could remember what all the changes i've made are 'supposed to sound like' but yet it sounds the same (most of the time) when i turn it back on... good, not so good or great.
                  this doesn't change as long as i dont change anything....except for this one thing i could not figure out (but this has also stayed consistant for days now) solder was just a question in the process of elimination.

is the upsetting factor here that i didn't just bow to 'its not the solder' and instead questioned it a little......this is the internet and i'm not about to blindly take anyones word for anything, believe and verify, but not blind acceptance.

i don't mean to offend anyone with this practice but skeptical i am.

Comment

• If you were a skeptic, you would have shut up long ago.
                    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                      If you were a skeptic, you would have shut up long ago.
                      not sure i follow that logic johnny......skeptic; a person inclined to question or doubt accepted opinions.

Comment

• https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skepticism

I think you missed about 99% of what skepticism is.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skepticism

I think you missed about 99% of what skepticism is.
                          sorry if i'm wrong there too, but skeptical in adjective form is defined as not easily convinced; having doubts or reservations......that is exactly as i intended to use the word.

Comment

• Yeah, you still have no idea what you are talking about vis-a-vis skepticism.

Your mindset is more closely related to conspiracy theory. Actual science put your audio musings to rest sixty years ago.

Comment

• This went well.

Comment

• typing and grammar are not my strong points..........i try my best to communicate intelligently but hey!

Comment

Working...
                                X