Announcement

Collapse

Columbus Day Sale

Extended One More Day! Columbus Day Sale at Parts Express! 10/15/19 Click the Parts Express Logo at the top left of this page.
See more
See less

Soldering xo change sound?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how about i'm skeptical in how some of you interpret the science? idk.....i hardly think conspiracy has anything to do with it.

    people are just telling theres no way i can hear actual changes .....and maybe i could measure them if i had the equipment, that doesn't mean im not hearing them!

    Comment


    • Lol only you are claiming others are claiming you can't hear etc. What is really happening is pointing out that you are ridiculously swamped with bias. Have a good day.
      Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

      Comment


      • i really dont know how this got as derailed as it did.......i mentioned a ways back that i verified it was not the solder.

        then i mention it may be the oxidized cables and im into a whole nuther whirlwind.... why? because i asked for a reco on what might be a step up from lamp cord? i'm not looking to spend $5k on cable just want the better than good enough.

        i'm not saying your science is faulty......just dont believe in the bare minimum of anything.

        Comment


        • hey people if i've said anything to offend anyone i apologize......i joke around alot and maybe some of that is lost in translation, but i mean no ill will towards anyone.....even Bill ; )

          Comment


          • Before I came on this forum I never knew there was a rivalry between DIYers and Audiophiles, heck I didn't even think there was a difference LOL......One BUILDS and the other BUY's but ultimately both strive for hi fidelity sound.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by devnull View Post

              Theoretically yes, but in reality maybe. It's all dependant on how the measurements were made and how they are reported. You're dealing with an electro-mechanical device with numerous components and varying test conditions. Look at some driver reviews and look at the manufacturing variances in the test samples. Then throw some drifting test equipment and the normal accuracy of the test equipment into the mix. IEC speaker spec gives you about +- 2dB for the test equipment and the anechoic chamber, if I remember correctly, and uses 1/3 octave smoothing for some of the specs.

              So this begs the question what do you mean by "exact same measurements"?
              Theoretically yes, but in reality maybe? That's a really vague answer....What ever measurements are possible.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by djg View Post
                Audiophile
                Isnt it ironic how he always starts with meme's and as soon as someone else counters with there own meme they get banned and not him? I guess mods like Matt P. is BIASED. SMDH LMAO

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
                  Before I came on this forum I never knew there was a rivalry between DIYers and Audiophiles, heck I didn't even think there was a difference LOL......One BUILDS and the other BUY's but ultimately both strive for hi fidelity sound.
                  crips and bloods! so i mention im building some cinema 10's and im all of a sudden wearing a blue bandana in a red forum........interesting, that would explain alot of the kicking while i was down!

                  i promise..... i pledge no particular allegience to anything except ol'glory.

                  edit....sorry misunderstood that, so i guess there is no explanation for the kicking!

                  Comment


                  • Awww, common ground is cute.
                    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mountainman Bob View Post

                      crips and bloods! so i mention im building some cinema 10's and im all of a sudden wearing a blue bandana in a red forum........interesting, that would explain alot of the kicking while i was down!

                      i promise..... i pledge no particular allegience to anything except ol'glory.

                      edit....sorry misunderstood that, so i guess there is no explanation for the kicking!
                      Exactly I have no allegiance to either side am just a guy who enjoys hi fidelity sound.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                        Awww, common ground is cute.
                        we should get little black sheep icons for our avatar's ! lol

                        Comment


                        • I'm just posting for my own amusement. I don't think wire or solder had any effect. JMHO. As far as Ferengi guy, one time I posted his pic along with Niki Lauda, who had his ear burned off in a race car crash, and wondered if they heard things differently.

                          Comment


                          • Everyone is biased. People who insist they are not are apt to make all sorts of other foolish statements too. In my experience. The people who understand their own biases end up being the most reasonable, and often the most successful people I know.

                            Long ago, a cousin of mine who was really into WWII history and all the escape-from-prison-camp stories that were popular then, got interested in the tricks spies use to remain undetected. He read a lot about it. He showed me some ways to sneak around people who had no reason to expect us to turn up in gorilla masks and scare the crap out of them.That sort of thing. It was fun, but also a revelation. It was my first introduction to the ways our expectations affect our perceptions. Of course there are countless videos on the net now, demonstrating how our attention is manipulated in various ways, and I'm not talking about conspiracy theories and all that silliness either. There are lots of videos demonstrating how human hearing works. It's fascinating. Most of the fans of pixie dust just seem to ignore it though. Or pretend they are somehow immune. I usually end up thinking, "Yes, you are special all right."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Liberator of Magic Smoke View Post
                              Everyone is biased. People who insist they are not are apt to make all sorts of other foolish statements too. In my experience. The people who understand their own biases end up being the most reasonable, and often the most successful people I know.

                              Long ago, a cousin of mine who was really into WWII history and all the escape-from-prison-camp stories that were popular then, got interested in the tricks spies use to remain undetected. He read a lot about it. He showed me some ways to sneak around people who had no reason to expect us to turn up in gorilla masks and scare the crap out of them.That sort of thing. It was fun, but also a revelation. It was my first introduction to the ways our expectations affect our perceptions. Of course there are countless videos on the net now, demonstrating how our attention is manipulated in various ways, and I'm not talking about conspiracy theories and all that silliness either. There are lots of videos demonstrating how human hearing works. It's fascinating. Most of the fans of pixie dust just seem to ignore it though. Or pretend they are somehow immune. I usually end up thinking, "Yes, you are special all right."
                              How much of those videos are actual truth and how much are magic smoke....Like Wolf believing in that article about lions paralyzing potential prey with there roar is asinine LMAO....or like how a lot of people believe what ever they read on Wikipedia or the world wide web. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1VQTzJtrgk SMDH LMAO

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Liberator of Magic Smoke View Post
                                Everyone is biased. People who insist they are not are apt to make all sorts of other foolish statements too. In my experience. The people who understand their own biases end up being the most reasonable, and often the most successful people I know.

                                Long ago, a cousin of mine who was really into WWII history and all the escape-from-prison-camp stories that were popular then, got interested in the tricks spies use to remain undetected. He read a lot about it. He showed me some ways to sneak around people who had no reason to expect us to turn up in gorilla masks and scare the crap out of them.That sort of thing. It was fun, but also a revelation. It was my first introduction to the ways our expectations affect our perceptions. Of course there are countless videos on the net now, demonstrating how our attention is manipulated in various ways, and I'm not talking about conspiracy theories and all that silliness either. There are lots of videos demonstrating how human hearing works. It's fascinating. Most of the fans of pixie dust just seem to ignore it though. Or pretend they are somehow immune. I usually end up thinking, "Yes, you are special all right."
                                i'm not quite sure bias plays into it as i really dont have prejudice of one answer or result over another, but of course thats just bias against bias!

                                do y'all mean that i've predermined that measuring is bad and my hearing is good? because now that is so wrong its funny.


                                i may have a couple post-determinations of some characters on here though! ; )

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X