Polk PSW10 Any good replacement driver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottvalentin View Post

Jeff did the Fusion Tempest 12, but it is (or has been) discontinued at DIYSG. It used an Eminence 12" woofer and one of the Denovo compression drivers from Erich at DIYsound group.
    He also did the alchemy fusion 8

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
      By and large you're better off dollar wise with a plate amp, or an amp that's made for subwoofer usage only. The demands of midrange and high frequency performance that greatly add to the cost of a full bandwidth amp don't exist with an amp that only has to run to 200Hz or lower. I also prefer having an amp with a low pass filter, as that allows cascading of the filter slopes of the AVR and sub amp.
      I agree unless your requirements are such that you need over 1kW RMS. At that point, plate amplifiers may start to become prohibitively expensive. Dollar-per-watt, I feel there are advantages to going to a high-power class-D "pro audio style" amplifier when you need over 1kW RMS. And yes I'm talking about music, not movies LFE.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post

He also did the alchemy fusion 8
        Thanks! That seems to still be available. I'd post a link, but...
        Francis

Comment

The Fusion-8 Alchemy seems to still be available.
          Francis

Comment

And I decided to go another route. I'm currently looking at a dual sub setup, possibly the BIC Formula F-12's.
            Break in period = The time it takes for the new speakers to break in. And the time it takes for you ears to get adjusted to the new speakers.

Comment

Working...
            X