Lone Star AudioFest Dallas May 3-5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Star AudioFest Dallas May 3-5

We'll be exhibiting at the LSAF with line arrays and a 2-way monitor. Come visit!

i will be there late Friday night ,late check out on Sunday so it should be a good weekend . looks like there will be more exhibitors than usual . Pete and Ryan of Vapor show on the list of exhibitors , i havent seen them thee in years , it will be good to see them again along with my favorites .
    donc

Comment

Raven Audio has always shown with Legacy Audio speakers , now Raven has their own new line of speakers . it will be interesting to see what they bring .
      donc / donwc

Comment

today has finally arrived , plans are to leave early to beat the school traffic and arrive after evening rush hour .
        a jack knifed truck on 45 changed these same plans a few years ago , hoping today is better .
        donc

Comment

I got to hear some very nice speakers today at the Lone Star Audio Fest. Some of them I could barely afford the free audition (cough...$75,000 Ravens...cough...cough). And if someone can explain the magnetic speaker cables in the room down the hall, I forget the name, I would appreciate the enlightenment. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences, of course. For me, I most enjoyed Rick Craig's 2 way Ritornos and the Line Arrays that Rick Craig and Kevin K demoed. That's my opinion.

Comment

I agree. Some of the speakers sounded outstanding. Magical cables (~$100/meter) and expensive power conditioners that were hooked up to high quality systems did not sell me as they were not being compared to anything and provided no ability to do comparison measurements so it is hard to know how they compare to quality zip cable and non-conditioned power sources. I was disappointed that this has become purely commercial as when I attended years ago there were a slew of DIYers. To me, despite everyone being very warm and friendly, it changed the atmosphere and what I had felt in the past was the spirit of the gathering.

That being said, I was extremely impressed by Rick Craig's 2 ways and by the Vittora horn/compression speakers by Volti Audio ($25,000).
            Jay
            Our greatest glory lies not in never falling, but in rising each time we fall.

Comment

so who was the show off with the motor coach that took up 1/4 of the parking behind the hotel ?
              donc

Comment

+1 on Rick's demo. I was there for a very short period of time, and made it a point to visit Rick's room. The bookshelves were absolutely fantastic. Driven by benchmark electronics, the sound was top class. I came back again to listen to the arrays and was mightily impressed. Realistically speaking, i probably can only afford the Ritorno. Kevin's cabinet work is beautiful beyond description. Great to meet to you again, Rick.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments. It was a great weekend and I enjoyed talking to the DIY attendees! Sharing Kevin's work with a wider audience was important to me as he is certainly a master craftsman. Next up is the California Audio Show (CAS) in Oakland, July 26-28.

Comment

Okay, okay. But what about the pics...? Speaker pics would be great. Hot chick pics of course, are welcome as well.

Comment

Pictures...

Comment

the cabinet work on the small arrays in the background was / is awesome ,extremely detailed . first time to meet Kevin , always good to see Rick , good people .
                        donc

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys! Was great getting to put some faces to the names. Looking forward to seeing you there again next year!
                          My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                          Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                          Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
                          The Archers
                          Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
                          The Gandalf's

Comment

Working...
                          X