Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

OFF Topid CD player problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFF Topid CD player problem

I have a NAD Cd player, I believe it is 516BEE model. The first one I bought had a mechanical problem in the transport, and I returned it and got another, which I have had for a few years now.,

It has developed a problem with the transport making a mechanical noise, sounds like something hitting as the disc rotates, which is what the first one that I returned was doing. This sometimes affects the playback, and gives it kind of a stuttering quality. On the first sample I had, it always affected the sound.

Does anyone know what this might be? Or what to do about it? I think they use Sony transports, can it be replaced?

Originally posted by skatz View Post
    I have a NAD Cd player, I believe it is 516BEE model. The first one I bought had a mechanical problem in the transport, and I returned it and got another, which I have had for a few years now.,

It has developed a problem with the transport making a mechanical noise, sounds like something hitting as the disc rotates, which is what the first one that I returned was doing. This sometimes affects the playback, and gives it kind of a stuttering quality. On the first sample I had, it always affected the sound.

Does anyone know what this might be? Or what to do about it? I think they use Sony transports, can it be replaced?
    The only way to know for sure, would be to take the lid off and directly observe what is happening. Cannot make any recommendations otherwise.

Comment

I certainly plan to do that.

Comment

I had a similar sound in mine, and it wouldn't play discs. Took off the lid and looked around. Turned out to be a very small splinter that had come off the rough wood shelf it sat on. Splinter was stuck in the plastic gears, easily visible at least. Removed it and its worked fine for years.
        Who knows, could be something as simple. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by skatz View Post
          I certainly plan to do that.
          It is always a good idea to clean and lube the transport, that is the gears and rails. I use White Lithium Grease, but very sparingly.

Comment

I'll have to get some. I think Lowe's has it.

Comment

Well, don't wait until a CD explodes inside of it. My optical drive just shattered a CD inside of itself yesterday.

Comment

Yikes, what could cause that?

Comment

Working...
                X