Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InDIYana speakers heading north.

Hi Guys,

In about an hour I will be taking my HiVi Duo seakers to UPS to ship. I'm thinking that after the trip they may not look too great, so I took some pictures while they are undamaged. I am greatly looking forward to InDIYana and it will be fun to have actual speakers to share and get feedback on. See you soon!

Best,

Jay

Jay they look good!
    John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Nice work Jay! I dig the contrast the yellow cone brings to the white cabinets. Classy in a different way . Looking forward to hearing these and hanging out next week! May the UPS shipping overlords be merciful to your speakers!
      Voxel Down Firing with Dayton SA70
      Translam Subwoofers - The Jedi Mind Tricks
      The Super Bees - Garage 2 way
      SevenSixTwo - InDIYana 2018 Coax
      The Defiants - InDIYana 2019 "Bare Minimum" Build

Comment

Great looking speakers Jay. And I love the choice of tweeters. Curious about how you crossed them. They are a fantastic sounding planar but they did take a few extra parts for me to make them really shine.
        Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

That's the same complement I simmed for the Profusion theoretical project to approximate the M1B. I know Ken Rhodes was building a pair. You did pick good drivers! It took me 13 parts to get where I wanted, but I was not targeting minimal parts count.

Later,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Sorry, Im so slow... It would have been great to compair the two.

Comment

Hey Craig,

John Hollander designed the crossover based on my original in cabinet FR measurements. All I did was tweak it a little bit to flatten it as much as possible. If I'm remembering correctly, the crossover frequency was around 2900Hz, but only John would know for sure.

Jay

Comment

2,800 to 2,900 is right. We had some impedance issues where Jay had to adjust with measured responses. If it sounds good then certainly I helped
                John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by Drjay View Post
                  Hey Craig,

John Hollander designed the crossover based on my original in cabinet FR measurements. All I did was tweak it a little bit to flatten it as much as possible. If I'm remembering correctly, the crossover frequency was around 2900Hz, but only John would know for sure.

Jay
                  You were in good hands!
                  Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

Those look great, Jay. Looking forward to seeing and hearing them for real.

Comment

Working...
                    X