Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Speaker wire

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker wire

I don’t care what kind you use.....if it looks like this it will affect performance.

this was the culprit that caused all the uproar, it was oxidized like that the whole length.......changed it out and got my ‘musicality’ back! lol

I only considered pace, rhythm and timing when I designed my speakers. Now they sound dated
    Francis

Comment

My speaker wire eats your speaker wire.

Comment

It does have a sidewinder look to it, but AFAIC, Doctor Morbius made the best looking speaker cables.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
          It does have a sidewinder look to it
          diamond back

Comment

Mea Culpa.

Comment

An encore presentation ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen.png
Views:	2
Size:	374.6 KB
ID:	1410827

Comment

Since we're on the subject, one of my favorite articles:

http://sound.whsites.net/cable-z.htm

Francis

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
                  An encore presentation ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen.png
Views:	2
Size:	374.6 KB
ID:	1410827
                  Mine cost me less than $100 to make both sets. Quadruple 8awg to each speaker.

Comment

Y’all ought to be proud ......I used 14awg cord wire.

less than $10....and it certainly sounds better than oxidized monster cable.

funny how you mention cables on here and it starts a feeding frenzy! lol

Comment

We've been saving our best material just for you.

Comment

Nothing at all wrong with nice thick DIY speaker cables. Especially if you RF terminate them, like the article above describes *wink wink*
                        Francis

Comment

If this was the cause, then why did you create a whole new post and not just reply in the original thread?

Comment

Originally posted by GTPlus View Post
                            If this was the cause, then why did you create a whole new post and not just reply in the original thread?
                            You did see the other thread right? Thought maybe a new more civil thread would be appropriate, but hey you can only ask nicely that kids behave; can’t beat them anymore.....that was the beginning of the downfall imho.

Honestly I just thought it an appropriate continuation of the saga because even after several explanations that the solder had been eliminated as the cause there were still people posting as if I thought it still was.
                            ​​​​​​​
                            What difference does it make anyway?

Comment

"one of these things is not like the other..."

knew you'd find it sooner or later

Comment

Working...
                              X