Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

MTM Disadvantages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djg View Post
    Can we all agree to shun the MTM, or is legislative action called for?

And I'm stuck with 3 S2000 MTMs. One sideways even.
    It's terrible and hurts my ears. And all the fans of MTM are sadly deluded.
    Francis

Comment

I invite everyone to check out my 'answer' to the MTM, the SAM16 array here http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...the-double-d-s

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
        Can we all agree to shun the MTM, or is legislative action called for?

And I'm stuck with 3 S2000 MTMs. One sideways even.
        I think MTMs begin to make a lot more sense for really small speakers, especially for home theater. The reverberant field in a stereo system is created by the off axis response of the 2 speakers. In home theater it is created by the direct response of a bunch of other speakers. Really HT is a more civilized way of reproducing sound, but that's a discussion for another time.

Comment

I like to joke around here, but I do like Paul C's S2000 TM and MTM. I haven't even built the LR MTM pair yet, it's TM LR and MTM center.right now. Seems right sized for my space. I had the D'Appolito Audax HT suite kitted by Madisound for years. Then huge Schumakubins and BAMTM center with mega watts. The S2000 MTMs are pretty sensitive and work nice off my 90WPC AVR. Seems more suitable to me. Except the little TMs induce tiny speaker syndrome in me.

I'm not a real critical listener, and I have a separate stereo system for music.

Comment

Originally posted by civit View Post

I think MTMs begin to make a lot more sense for really small speakers, especially for home theater. The reverberant field in a stereo system is created by the off axis response of the 2 speakers. In home theater it is created by the direct response of a bunch of other speakers. Really HT is a more civilized way of reproducing sound, but that's a discussion for another time.
            In 40 years of listening to music I have never listen to a HT system that comes close to the sound quality of a dedicated two channel stereo for reproducing music. This includes several 100 K HT systems.
            craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Working...
            X