Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhollander
    replied
    Ken, we need a reflective surface to spread the sound horizontally. dlneubec and I discussed the reflector. My take away was that the overall diameter, similar to the size of the baffle determines the cut off wave length of the reflector. Using a curved cross section will help prevent reflections back to the surface/ top.

With those thoughts in mind I drew up this reflector. Note that the top exit angle is at 45 degrees. I wanted to avoid any reflections and resonance issue that I perceive the Mark and Daniel design has.

Leave a comment:

• kenrhodes
    replied
    Looks great. Cant wait to see the finished product. How would it work to have 2 tweeters dome to dome rather than dome to cone?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    What every speaker needs, a Mark and Daniel Omni Harmonizer. So add it all together this is the first design I came up with. It's based on using 12 inch and 8 inch round cylinders.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    started a topic C-Cake Design and build log

C-Cake Design and build log

I'm not one for build logs, but a number of people here contributed to this project so I thought I could pay them back by posting some progress. The project started last year when Ben and Tom? helped me find another set of AMT3-4s.

Some might recall I built the Vultus speaker a few years ago and I really liked the big AMT.

The big AMT needed some sparkle so added the ND20FB. The woofer is the Aluminum RS180.

The new C-Cake design was inspired by the Cirus White. Thanks Ryan and Pete. The only problem was how to add a tweeter to this design. I'll find that picture and post that next.
Working...
X