Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlneubec
    replied
    Looking excellent, John! I'm anxious to hear them. I wish they could play the music a little louder at MWAF, however, so the audience could get a better audition. Perhaps you will be able to bring them to InDIYana 2020 for a more substantial audition.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Thanks guys I hope they sound decent. They have not been out of my basement so that's makes me a bit nervous how they will sound in a bingo hall. With respect to originality, I copied everything as shown in posts 1 and 2. Hopefully the judges don't read PETT.

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied
    Cool. 10 for originality? When I first looked at your pics, it almost seemed like the deflector was either floating in free air or mounted directly to the top of the tweeter. Have to bring my macro lens to snap a few closeups. .

Leave a comment:

• ernperkins
    replied
    Looking good John! Knowing you I bet they sound great and those tweeter deflectors should definitely rack up some originality points that are important at MWAF.

Leave a comment:

• dynamo
    replied
    Ha! I know exactly what you’re saying! See you there, looking forward to meeting you.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Originally posted by dynamo View Post
    Wow those really look great. The veneer and finish is flawless. Very professional looking!
    Thanks but I see all the flaws...See you Friday..

Leave a comment:

• dynamo
    replied
    Wow those really look great. The veneer and finish is flawless. Very professional looking!

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Well, it looks like these will make MWAF. These turned out as dual tweeters vs a super tweeter, which sounds much better.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Note that the diameter of the deflector determines the frequencies that get deflected. A soft dome tweeter is not much of a reflective surface.

Leave a comment:

• CJB67
    replied
    The thread where that concept originated:

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...tional-speaker
    Want a second or third opinion about your speaker cabinet design or other audio related problem? Post your question or comment on the Technical Discussion Board. Hundreds of technicians, engineers, and hobbyists, nationwide read and discuss electronics related questions each week. We welcome your participation

Leave a comment:

• CJB67
    replied
    Originally posted by kenrhodes View Post
    Looks great. Cant wait to see the finished product. How would it work to have 2 tweeters dome to dome rather than dome to cone?
    I had to dig for this. A concept I never implemented

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    The bracket is going to be sepale to match the veneer. Assuming I can drill a 5/16 hole through 3/4 inch rounded stock, the bracket will be a simple L shape.

Leave a comment:

• ugly woofer
    replied
    John this is a cool build! As far as the bracket goes, how about 1/2" aluminum..... it could be much smaller and be formed with wood working tools, and you could use Dan's idea of 45 degree front edge. I think that you should be able to find a small piece of 1/2" plate on eBay relatively cheap. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Yeah, I'm working through the details. Mounting to the box is making me consider other ideas. 45 degree chamfer would allow center mounting of the bracket. Aluminum tubing would good painted, but mounting is bothering me right now.

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    I'm with the 45 champer on the edge or use some 1/8" aluminum.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X