Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Room Treatments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn 75 bucks per panel...…...I am sticking to my DIY under 10 bucks yoga mats. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
      Damn 75 bucks per panel...…...I am sticking to my DIY under 10 bucks yoga mats. LOL
      I'm sure your yoga mats offer unbiased absorption.
      Francis

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post

I'm sure your yoga mats offer unbiased absorption.
        Naw, its cost is unbiased. LMAO

Comment

I'm all about DIY, but those pannels are a fair price. By the time you go to 2-3 stores buy wood, insulation, screws, stapels, and fabric, you will have expended more than $75 worth of resources. In this instance I only see DIY worthwhile if you have custom needs or you're building 4+ pannels.
          Save your time for building the 4 subwoofers you need.😉

Comment

I like a pretty dead room, similar to recording studios I've hung around. Those panels took me pretty far in that direction.
            Francis

Comment

I made some custom pannels for my old house and my wife loved them for how quiet they made the room sound. These were in the dinning room mounted to the ceiling.
              Point being pannels are a worthy investment DIY or not.

Comment

I read on another forum where someone bought some acoustic treatment and it was just basically Styrofoam. LOL You can get Styrofoam scraps for free at most stores that throw it away. There is a lot of things you can get for free you just have to know where to look as it doesn't have to be expensive....carpet stores throw away BRAND NEW remnants...Ive compared yoga mats to Auralex and its not much of a difference between the two except for the $$$$$. LOL

Comment

Uh yeah. Just hilarious. I guess.
                  Francis

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I do have an extra 12" lying around, maybe I'll try adding that and see how it does.. more fun than treatments. I'd just need to buy an amp. Which would have more of an impact on the low end, treatments or adding the 12? My biggest issue is probably 40-70hz. I seem to lose a lot of output in that range, everything below 40 is solid.

Comment

I have hard laminate floors so I use yoga mats directly under all my DML speakers like the Auralex isolation pads and it works great...I also use it on my sub and it tightens up the bass....I don't hear much of people using acoustic treatments directly under the speakers but IMO it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
                        I have hard laminate floors so I use yoga mats directly under all my DML speakers like the Auralex isolation pads and it works great...I also use it on my sub and it tightens up the bass....I don't hear much of people using acoustic treatments directly under the speakers but IMO it works.
                        Do you use them only under the speakers or place them on walls too?

Comment

I place them on the walls as well.

Comment

And do you do anything to make them look nice on the wall?

Comment

And do you do anything to make them look nice on the wall?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X