2-way 15M+9900 (George Krilov)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-way 15M+9900 (George Krilov)

1. This project is designed for Intertechnik BR / SL45 tube but you can use another one with identical dimensions.
    2. All dimensions in the project are in centimeters.

Enjoy. http://krilovlab.com/temp/15M_2pairs/
    Last edited by Dance; 05-22-2019, 04:17 PM.

Maybe post this in the design sticky?

Comment

On the main page to the forum there are "stickys" that always stay at the top. (They are "stuck" to the top rather than being at the top because they have the most recent post."

One of the stickies is "links to DIY speaker designs". He is suggesting you add a link in that thread as it might me useful to others.

Comment

I cant find these "stickys". You can post this project there.

P.S. A little story about the project. George has a 3-way project 21W/8555-10 + 15M + 9900 http://krilovlab.com/temp/2x855_CC/
        People who like ScanSpeak asked George to make a 2-way project with the further possibility of an upgrade to this 3-way.
        Thus was born the 2-way project 15M + 9900
        1. This 2-way project is designed for Intertechnik BR / SL45 tube but you can use another one with identical dimensions.
        2. All dimensions in the project are in centimeters.

Comment

Does the designer have any technical data available for this project? I would think someone interested in building this design would like to see, at minimum, some basic frequency response measurements and distortion measurements before spending that much money on the drivers. A crossover schematic and pencil drawings of the enclosure are not very compelling in this day and age.
          Craig

Comment

This would be the sticky... http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...peaker-designs

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
              Does the designer have any technical data available for this project? I would think someone interested in building this design would like to see, at minimum, some basic frequency response measurements and distortion measurements before spending that much money on the drivers. A crossover schematic and pencil drawings of the enclosure are not very compelling in this day and age.
              In another thread last year, Krilov was referred to as the Jeff Bagby of Russia. He has a website, but it is in Russian. I don't know how much information is actually there as my Chrome browser didn't translate the Russian.

Comment

A mad genius?

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                  I wrote to George, he said that he would later will post on his website up this project with measurements. Now he is very busy and he doesn't have time to deal with the website now.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                    A mad genius?
                    George likes to carry everything on paper. When he does calculations on a PC, then he often puts it on paper.
                    http://krilovlab.com/temp/Eton_Dayton_Mundorf/

Comment

I am curious about the reasoning behind using a midrange instead of a midwoofer for a 2 way? In exchange for a bit more sensitivity and, perhaps, an improved midrange surround/suspension it will pay a price in terms of limited displacement and low frequency extension. Or have I missed the point and it is intended to be compatible in someway with the 3 way you mention?

Comment

Originally posted by andy19191 View Post
                        I am curious about the reasoning behind using a midrange instead of a midwoofer for a 2 way? In exchange for a bit more sensitivity and, perhaps, an improved midrange surround/suspension it will pay a price in terms of limited displacement and low frequency extension. Or have I missed the point and it is intended to be compatible in someway with the 3 way you mention?
                        I wrote above. George has a 3-way project 21W/8555-10 + 15M + 9900 http://krilovlab.com/temp/2x855_CC/
                        People who like ScanSpeak asked George to make a 2-way project with the further possibility of an upgrade to this 3-way.
                        He also has 15W + Morel ET338 http://geokrilov.com/15w-et338/15W_9900_gennadi.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dance View Post

I wrote above. George has a 3-way project 21W/8555-10 + 15M + 9900 http://krilovlab.com/temp/2x855_CC/
                          He also has 15W + Morel ET338 http://geokrilov.com/15w-et338/15W_9900_gennadi.html
                          not understanding how this is an upgrade to the 3way? is this just the two way version of the 3 way without the woofer to be used with a subwoofer or low level / near field listening? the TM drivers in both the 2 and 3way seem to be the same. the link doesn't seem to have any explanation or commentary,

BTW those are some gorgeous cabs!

Comment

Originally posted by ani_101 View Post

not understanding how this is an upgrade to the 3way? is this just the two way version of the 3 way without the woofer to be used with a subwoofer or low level / near field listening? the TM drivers in both the 2 and 3way seem to be the same. the link doesn't seem to have any explanation or commentary,

BTW those are some gorgeous cabs!
                            This implies a different upgrade. Many people, including me, like the 15M + 9900 combination. If you don’t want to spend money on 3-ways, but you like 15M and 9900, you just build 2-ways. But if in time you want 3-ways, you simply use the drivers from the 2-way and build from them the 3-way design in the new cabinet and with the new crossover. Perhaps this is not the easiest way, but if you want this, there is a possibility. Sorry for my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Dance View Post

This implies a different upgrade. Many people, including me, like the 15M + 9900 combination. If you don’t want to spend money on 3-ways, but you like 15M and 9900, you just build 2-ways. But if in time you want 3-ways, you simply use the drivers from the 2-way and build from them the 3-way design in the new cabinet and with the new crossover. Perhaps this is not the easiest way, but if you want this, there is a possibility. Sorry for my English.
                              yes, makes sense now. Though for a 2 way TM, most would have used the woofer instead of the midrange. But for low initial outlay go for the TM and then add on the woofers for the 3 way

Comment

Working...
                              X