Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Seeking build info on Duane Brown's "Dayton 4" at InDIYana 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking build info on Duane Brown's "Dayton 4" at InDIYana 2019

Hi Guys,

I was greatly impressed by this little speaker this year. It was truly amazing for its size and price, to the point where folks were commenting that they were surprized it didn't blow up given its bass output. I talked to Duane at the meet and he said I could find all the details of the build, including the crossover at: designs.blogspot.com but that takes me to a graphic design page that requires creating an account and no obvious (to me) way to find Duane's design. Can anyone help me with getting to his posted design or have the details of it? When I talked with him he said he does not visit Tech Talk much and I don't have any contact info. I know that it uses the Dayton TCP115 and the Dayton ND 16 but have no other info on hand.
    It would be a bit of a public service to have the design available to all, it is an excellent option for anyone wanting a very small, very affordable, very nice sounding speaker. It even uses a triangular, front vented plywood port. No PVC needed!

Best,
    Jay

Did he give you a name for his blog? With my sister-in-laws its: name.blogspot.com

Comment

http://duanebrowndesigns.blogspot.co...akers.html?m=1

Comment

Many, many thanks! I'm heading out of town 'till June but will build a pair as soon as I get home. I highly recommend that anyone looking for a great sounding, interesting build give them a shot. A 4mm Xmax woofer, a series crossover and a $62.50 price tag, what's not to like?

Jay

Comment

Working...
        X