Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Cabinet Bracing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabinet Bracing

How critical is it for the cabinet bracing to match in a pair of towers? For example, if the bracing is spaced differently will it make a noticeable difference in sound? I made a mistake and I am debating if I should start over. Both cabs have approximately the same bracing, it is just spaced differently.

Heres a thought, this could be a benefit, each cabinet resonating slightly different so as not to reinforce each other. Speculation, but you may be on to something here.

Comment

Brace spacing doesn't need to be precise.
      www.billfitzmaurice.com
      www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Okay awesome, I really didnt want to start over. What happened is that I was cutting the hole for the port on the back and I did it on the wrong side (top). The front baffle wasnt on yet. I can still make it work but the spacing for the bracing will be opposite the other tower. This is what happens when I get distracted.

Comment

I agree that differences in bracing could amount to a plus.

Comment

I've been placing bracing randomly on purpose. I just make sure the total space used is the same.

Comment

If it's enough bracing and not completely wacky placement you're good.

Comment

Wild guess... there's probably more variance in drivers and crossover component tolerances, than would be caused by braces not matching in 2 cabinets.

Comment

Working...
                X