um18-22 repair/rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• um18-22 repair/rebuild

have one i damaged, i can have it rebuilt with aftermarket parts, but I do not wish to change its characteristics. the voice coil got hot and deformed the coil former, however the sub is perfect aside from this. has anyone successfully repaired one of these sub woofers to oem specifications? or does Dayton/ parts express offer a rebuild/refurbish service?

Call customer service, they're pretty awesome. Warranty?

Comment

Over a year, and i was using over 2000 watts rms. Rarely going full power for more than a song or 2, this day i played at over 80% of max power with bass heavy reference music for about 2 hours straight. It now has coil rub.. so i cannot put that on Dayton or Parts Express. 100% user error and abuse... but i would like to have it factory refurbished if possible.

Comment

Yeah there are no re-cone kits or repair options for the Dayton Reference drivers, either. As far as I can tell. Not fun. I guess we're going with car audio woofers which may not be quite as nice looking, but reasonably-priced re-cone kits aplenty.

Comment

Heck, id even pay 2/3 the cost of new for a rebuild refurbish service if Dayton were to offer it. Thus far every speaker in my car is a Dayton with the exception being the silverflute midbass i am using, great bang for the buck in the ultimax subs and rs100p mids, also peerless xt25sc90 tweeters.. all purchased here.

Comment

I'm sure if PE really wanted to, they could request a recone kit from their manufacturer/supplier, or several. The fiberglass top would have to come separate from the lower paper cone in order to use shims to center the voice coil, but other than that, it would be like a walk in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by guitar maestro View Post
              I'm sure if PE really wanted to, they could request a recone kit from their manufacturer/supplier, or several. The fiberglass top would have to come separate from the lower paper cone in order to use shims to center the voice coil, but other than that, it would be like a walk in the park.
              And that is basically the purpose of the post, hoping they see this.. i would pay for a couple sets of soft parts.

Comment

Working...
              X