Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

FRD and ZMA files for PE .5 Buy-out Woofer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRD and ZMA files for PE .5 Buy-out Woofer?

Anyone have files for this driver to share? https://www.parts-express.com/6-1-2-...4-ohm--299-609

I'm thinking of doing 5 foot tall line arrays with the Audio Pur PLA92-6. 10 of each per speaker. I traced the PLA92- FRD and ZMA, but can't find anything on these PA buy outs.

Please feel free to comment on this design also. I'm thinking of crossing over the PLA92- at 2,500 Hz and 24 db/oct. Will ue for L-C-R HT speakers. I gave up on the horns. Woofer not available..

Sorry, sticky keyboard and can't seem to edit the subject. Should be 6.5" woofer.

Comment

I bet he really gets cookin' on that thing.

Comment

Tons of user pics, very popular item.

Comment

I'll bet you're right about those speakers cranking. I saw the other thread of a similar biold about a year ago and it has beenin my mind ever since. I jsut had to be convinced teh 6.5s were good. the reviews say there are so I'm going to try them. 10 6.5s and 12 of the PLA92-6 per side.

Any one seen a response curve for that woofer?

Comment

WinISD can generate a "ballpark" .zma curve for you (based off the T/S parms and your box design).

Comment

Chris,

Thank you. I will try it.

Comment

It CAN even generate a (bad) FR plot (mostly based on "Le"); open your graph up to 20kHz and use the SPL screen.
                (A bad FR plot might be better than none at all?)

Comment

Working...
                X